Widgets Magazine

Thread: Italia Express -- 122nd and MacArthur

Thumbs up Italia Express -- 122nd and MacArthur

The latest entry in Oklahoma City's series of Italian restaurants has been established for a couple of months, and I hope they stay around for a while.

I was in the area around lunchtime today and decided to check out the former void Little Caesar's left when they moved one mile west. The painted window advertising a one topping pizza for $4.99 piqued my curiosity, as I was regrettably headed to LC for a quick deal.

It's a very clean place. Spacious booths line the walls, and a steam table with the requisite giant NY-style pizza was present, ready for slicing, along with calzones and so on. The special of the day (Italian sausage, peppers and tomatoes over penne) was enticing enough, but I stuck to my guns and asked for a sausage pie.

The pizza is about the size of Little Caesar's popular offering (a "small" in this case), and that's where the similarity ends. It's a hand-tossed-in-front-of-you crust, with fresh tasting sauce, a good load of sausage---and the crust is amazing. I humbly offer a photo from a few minutes ago, when I was more than halfway through the pie:

Note the airy crust. I found the texture to be perfect, with a slight bit of crispness.

I'm amazed with the place already, based on the fact that good pizza is hard to come by in this area of town. I can't speak yet as to the other offerings available, but the steady flow of customers at lunchtime (mostly takeout orders)---as well as an affirmation (from the gentleman who took my order) of their constant regulars once the place opened---might be testament to their quality.

This place needs to be known!

Default Re: Italia Express -- 122nd and MacArthur

at there for the 1st time on Friday

I got a calazone minus the ricotta

and gf got spaghetti

I liked the calazone, she wasn't too crazy about the spaghetti

...she wasn't too crazy about the spaghetti
    Ah, what was happening with it?

is it the same as the one in penn square mall?

That I don't know.

6. Default Re: Italia Express -- 122nd and MacArthur

I was wondering the same. The one in Penn Square has pretty good pizza. The put the slices back in the oven for a couple minutes to get them nice and hot before they give them to you.

It is same that's in Penn Square Mall. The Penn Square location has a stack of menus for the 122nd store sitting out a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

The owners are actually from Italy. They used to work at the Penn Square location and I talked to them about how great the food was. I don't remember where in Italy. It has been a few years, but I think it was a guy and his brother that own them.

I can comment on this Pizza! Top Notch!
    Love it! Love NY Style, and they do it well.

I fully reccomend this pizza...yummy.

Great looking pie! Going on my gotta try soon list! BTY do you know if they use San Marzano tomatoes?

Thumbs up Re: Italia Express -- 122nd and MacArthur

This restaurant offers good thin crust pizza, calzone's, stromboli, and a nice medley of Italian pasta dishes. My favorite is the Linguini with white clam sauce.....and the red clam sauce is excellent too. All menu items are wallet-friendly and the service is fast. I would characterize it as "Great Italian Food - Fast".... just as the name suggests. Eat in or take out. The owner, Ron, is very friendly and offers great food for a very affordable price. A family can eat well here without busting the budget. I love this place. -Happy Customer

Default Italia Express -- 122nd and MacArthur

good food - not great, but good. really disorganized though. maybe cause it was really busy. owner needs to train his workers. not good at taking orders. if you get take-out....check everything before u leave.

They do have some new staff there who were fine enough in my experience---never had an order wrong in my case.

It indeed has gotten VERY busy lately as well, especially at peak times.

Thread Information