guys, I just thought of the PERFECT business for this prime commercial location: A bookstore and/or coffee house!

With OCU a few blocks down and the Asia District right beginning - a bookstore/coffee house would be perfect for this location. You wouldn't ONLY have to consider vehicle traffic - such a business would CREATE pedestrian traffic, especially given OCU is close and there really isn't a true Campus Corner/University District for students to study/hang-out at. And, like was said - people who want/need to drive WILL find parking as long as the bookstore/coffee house is good. We could construct an internet cafe at the windows where people would sit, surf, and drink their coffee - in view of the outside (which would be HUGE FOR MARKETING purposes).

also, to address other concerns - the vacuum store could still exist or co-exist, just in a smaller portion of the establishment. If I understand correct, this is even the case today with the Vacuums just sitting in the storefront windows but the shop is already out back.....

Imagine a Borders bookstore or even Starbucks/Tully's coffee; or even better a local variant of the aformentioned. It would get HUGE business that would be consistent due to the students - I think this is DIRELY needed and would be HUGE investment. Hmmm.?

Other business ideas I could think of is absorb all of that corner into the Asia District and use the Rainbow location to house the Oklahoma City Asian Association OR an Asian Museum. They could post important things or cultural items in the windows and this would also create its own pedestrian traffic (not to mention become a tourist attraction).

As you can see, there are many great options which dont solely rely on today's automobile-centric OKC. And, we can redesign the intersection to make it more pedestrian friendly too, so Im not concerned about today's traffic situation.

Now, whom do we 'visionary internet urban planners' need to give our ideas to?