Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rainbow Records and the Mounds of Junk on 23rd and Classen!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Rainbow Records and the Mounds of Junk on 23rd and Classen!

Quote Originally Posted by JenX67 View Post
    ANYHOO!! I am stopping by to gripe about 23rd and Classen. When I was in college, I love-love-loved going to Rainbow Records. I bought a pink Springsteen record (ROUND LICORICE) there in 1987. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THAT BUILDING? I didn't think it could look worse than it has over the past few years, but it does. It is now brimming with vacuum cleaners in the windows and vacuum cleaner parts. It's such a great building and that is such a high volume area. I can't believe everyone driving through that intersection everyday has to look at ALL THAT JUNK.
    Is the building you are referring to out of business? I've always assumed the building was abandoned because it looks like total crap.

The building is owned by the Parkers, they run a vacuum repair business that offices on the north side of the block.

The store has been vacant since Rainbow sold several years ago. There are three diagonal slots on the east side, approaching from Classen if you are headed South. The remainder of the parking is parallel to 23rd next to the store and dance studio.

The church parking is off limits to the space, and now with Walgreens there, I can't imagine anyone wanting to park there and cross the street.

Alas, it has limited retail use. It is fairly spacious and could be good for a creative office, such as an art studio, architect, web firm, et al.

The storefront is nice and has potential aesthetic value, but yes, the shabbyness is apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by LordGerald View Post
    The building is owned by the Parkers, they run a vacuum repair business that offices on the north side of the block.

The store has been vacant since Rainbow sold several years ago. There are three diagonal slots on the east side, approaching from Classen if you are headed South. The remainder of the parking is parallel to 23rd next to the store and dance studio.

The church parking is off limits to the space, and now with Walgreens there, I can't imagine anyone wanting to park there and cross the street.

Alas, it has limited retail use. It is fairly spacious and could be good for a creative office, such as an art studio, architect, web firm, et al.

The storefront is nice and has potential aesthetic value, but yes, the shabbyness is apparent.
    Again, very well said. There are about three parking spaces on the south side of the building about maybe two on the east side of the building. If you were to park on the east side of the building, you wouldn't be able to see where you are going when backing up which would be dangerous. I could see someone buying the entire building (including the dances studio and the empty space to the west of it) and redoing the whole thing to me more aestetically pleasing. But, like was said previously, I can't think of anything that would be a perfect fit for that area besides a personal studio or an office built for two.

4. Default Re: Rainbow Records and the Mounds of Junk on 23rd and Classen!

Like was said earlier there is no real parking. The biggest problem was always the traffic coming south on Classen. If the light is green, they make the curve around at a high rate of speed. If the light is red, traffic is backed up.

23rd street on the north side of the building is the same way, as far as fast traffic, but there is not a lot of parking along 23rd.

If there was a lot of walking traffic it would be pretty nice, being at the entry into the Asian District.

It has a great view of the Gold dome on the other corner.

Years ago, when it was still Rainbow, the parking was dangerous and limited. If the right thing moved in, people would figure out a way to navigate to it. We always got to Rainbow -- the obscure lables made it worth the risk. LOL. But, honestly, the vaccum cleaners in the windows - it just has to go -- or put up some blinds or something.

Thread Information