Widgets Magazine

Thread: Backyard Burgers CLOSES ON July 11th!

Unhappy Backyard Burgers CLOSES ON July 11th!

Backyard Burgers at Rockwell & Hefner will be closing it's doors for good 10PM Friday July 11th. I guess they never recovered from the fire they had a few months back.
    I'll miss their $0.99 Junior Wednedays!

http://www.backyardburgers.com/www/31_27_0.cfm

They said that it will be converted into a Freddy's Custard.

Default Re: Backyard Burgers CLOSES ON July 11th!

Bummer, I liked their burgers even though I rarely made it over that way. I think their demise was that they didn't advertise and they only had one location.

I ate at the Backyard Burgers in Midwest City about two months ago with some friends. We all agreed that the hamburgers weren't that good. Don't plan to go back. Wonder if the Midwest City location will close down too? They weren't too busy when we were there during lunch hour. My favorite hamburgers are from Charleston's, Chili's and now McNellies.

Freddys custard seriously...can I confirm that somewhere??!!

I heard the Freddy's Custard comment from the Manager. You might check the one out on May near Grand and see if they know.

This BYB was a good quality store. There was a line around the building for the drive through last night and it was packed today at lunch. We've had them cater a couple of lunches here at work as well.

For "Quick Service" they weren't bad at all. I guess with any franchise, it depends on who is running the place.

Actually, I understand their moving. I'm in advertising...and they advertise with us. MWC BYB isn't closing.

And I went by there on Monday and they were already closed....

I don't live far enough northwest for this to affect me in any way but I would think you would be happy about the Freddy's. It's always good for a 5 pound weight gain per visit. And this coming from a vegetarian.

Personally, I've only eaten there once, but wasn't too impressed with it...guess I should give it another shot or something....

I think they closed down on Monday and Tuesday, but were open yesterday and today. At least we're getting another food vendor there. I'm getting tired of former food establishments closing and then re-opening as a non-food establishment.

MadMonk Guest

This doesn't surprise me. I tried it a while back, expecting great things based on recommendations from friends. I got a horribly dry tasteless burger and never bothered to go back.

I called Backyard Burgers on Hefner and was told that they are in fact closing BOTH locations (Hefner Rd and MWC) and are ONLY doing catering now.

Yeah, I had the same tiny/bland burger experience. I got the feeling that the place was probably an East Coast chain where they don't know better.

I understand the MacArthur store never recovered from their fire. The business just never returned to pre-fire levels

I also understand that they had very little support from the chain itself

15. Default Re: Backyard Burgers CLOSES ON July 11th!

Quote Originally Posted by MadMonk View Post
    This doesn't surprise me. I tried it a while back, expecting great things based on recommendations from friends. I got a horribly dry tasteless burger and never bothered to go back.
    Same here. I got a hockey puck on a bun all three times I went (wasn't my choice those days). And after that I pretty much refused to go. Not my kind of burger at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I understand the MacArthur store never recovered from their fire. The business just never returned to pre-fire levels

I also understand that they had very little support from the chain itself
    Rockwell

I work for freddys, they tried to sell us both locations, saying that neither location made enough money. We are getting all of our permits now and will start construction in around 4 wks.

Thread Information