Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Del Rancho

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

Has anyone a reason why Del Rancho is apparently not in areas north and west of, say, May and NW 10th street? I guess I don't immediately see why they wouldn't work there, as I wouldn't think such fare would exactly be unpopular in that area (unless I'm missing the obvious by the sheer lack of their presence).

Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

the obvious is they fell off after they raise the sandwiches to over 6 bucks I remember when they were 2.89 and they where bigger..(the one on britton)

Yes. i personally love there steak sandwiches, not necessarily the best in town, but very good, but there prices are way, way too high, i don't eat much there anymore. They are a franchise so maybe you can start one up on the north side?

Not to mention they put ZERO money into the asthetics of their properties, which wouldn't fit in too well with most northside areas.

5. Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

There used to be a west Edmond location, but like metro said, it was UGLY. It's been gone for years.

Even the one at Virginia (Penn) & 10th is out of business.

Del Rancho is an OKC company, i hope they don't go under. i think that will be a sad day if it does. I don't know, maybe they can do a l-Hop thing and bounce back with new restaurants, new commercials, cleaner image, ect. That will take a lot of work and....money, which i don't think they have much of??

7. Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    Del Rancho is an OKC company, i hope they don't go under. i think that will be a sad day if it does. I don't know, maybe they can do a l-Hop thing and bounce back with new restaurants, new commercials, cleaner image, ect. That will take a lot of work and....money, which i don't think they have much of??
    I don't think they do (or ever did) have locations outside the metro. It's not like they're Sonic or even Taco Mayo.

I see them continuing to die until they put money into their properties. Higher and higher food prices on their menu, plus ugly, dirty properties with no asthetic pleasure whatsover, and poor advertising won't help them grow. If they revamp their image and look, then yes, I think they have a chance.

9. Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

It's been awhile but I met the owner at the SE 29th location near Agnew.

From what I remember it is run (ruined) by him and his kids. They are very cheap and have no real business sense.

It would take a lot, but they are about where DQ and Braum's were years ago before they revamped. Of course I think DQ pulled out of the area all together, but I've seen 'nice' DQ's in other areas.

I agree BailJumper, if the owner is the guy in the commercials, you can tell he has no business sense nor looks like he has a regard for cleanliness.

I haven't seen a new DQ in years and years. The newest one that i know of was in Guthre, and now it's gone.

Is Taco Mayo an OKC headquarterd company?

13. Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

Yes

Steak Samwich Supweeeme.

I was served a rotten, and I mean that literally, steak sandwich at the Del R. in Guthrie 4 or 5 years ago. That was my last visit to any of them. Up to then I had always gotten good food there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Steak Samwich Supweeeme.
    lol....the commercial ........ and taco mayo being brought up is funny also.. but they did turn there look and perception around but I do remember back in the early 90's when u could get tacos there for 32 cents each (macarthur and 39th)

That kid is about 35 now. That's an exaggeration, but not by very much.

Actually... it may not be an exaggeration at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bornhere View Post
    That kid is about 35 now. That's an exaggeration, but not by very much.

Actually... it may not be an exaggeration at all.

Actually Jack Elliott (KYIS) says that was him in the commercial..... :-D

I thought there was one there at Rockwell and 10th on that SE corner (off from the road a ways...) that location has been several things, lately, but I sure thought that was a Del Rancho at one time...

Quote Originally Posted by mburlison View Post
    I thought there was one there at Rockwell and 10th on that SE corner (off from the road a ways...) that location has been several things, lately, but I sure thought that was a Del Rancho at one time...
    Yes you are correct, The old "Westoaks Drive Inn" housed a Del Rancho in the mid 90's,only lasted a couple years,, Also if my memory serves me (Please correct me if I'm mistaken,I'm getting old) "Chuck House" at 10th & Merdian was orginally built in the late 70's early 80's, as a "Tastee Freeze", Later becoming a Del Rancho, then the Chuck House

I believe that is correct Filifan, that the Chuck House was a Del Rancho -- I almost mentioned that one as well, but I wasn't quite sure. Sure seems that it was.

Del Rancho used to be in other locations. I remember one in Tahlequah in the latter half of the 80's. never ate there as it was the far side of town and with plenty of right decent spots closer in, I never got around to it.

they fell off so hard at the britton road location that the last time I checked they where selling sandwiches out of a renovated sno-cone shack....but the sandwiches were still over 6 bucks

I remember several years ago going to the one in Midwest City with my Great-Aunt, it was real good but I haven't been to one in a while. I know Tulsa used to have one by the TU campus but it is now closed, I also did a websearch and found a website for one in Allen, Texas.

25. Default Re: Why no Del Rancho's (apparently) in NW OKC?

I checked their website, and their only locations outside the metro are Talequah, Clinton, and Allen, TX.

Thread Information