Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: OKC Dodgers New Nickname

Default Re: OKC Dodgers New Nickname

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I don't mind the name and the homage to Mickey Mantle, although Commerce is way the heck up in the NE corner of the state, not close to OKC at all, so it's a bit of a stretch, although so much of the stadium and the surroundings refer to Mickey Mantle, so I understand, but as the city continues to come into its own, I would have loved to see something more LOCAL as the reference point for the nickname. However, it's the logo/branding that I really don't like.

Baseball is a sport so steeped in history, I would have liked to see something with a more classic, maybe even vintage look used more (like what's on this tee https://tinyurl.com/Vintage-Wordmark), but I won't wear the primary hat--it's lame.

I love the Baseball Club OKC logo from last season (had a great 70s/80s vibe to it), the Dodger's simple Brooklyn-esque "OKC "logo, and even the last Redhawks interlocking OKC logo--they were ALL better than this Comets logo. Have you seen the primary one for the hat?--just bad. I think the cartoon spaceman hat will probably sell the best of all of the designs. I like this secondary logo the best https://tinyurl.com/OKC-Secondary-Logo

I just feel overall pretty disappointed because I love to rep my city when I am traveling, and I will just keep wearing my Dodgers OKC logo hat if I am not rocking a Thunder hat. Bummer.
    I doubt the spaceman will sell the best of the designs, people are going to think it is a spaceman that has nothing to do with baseball unless they look closely at the hat

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Aviators LMAO
    it's a lot better than Comets. they're going to struggle to sell any meaningful amount of merch with that name, logo, etc.

they must have used the same folks they Thunder used back in 2008.

i'm glad at least one person likes it, though.

OKC Comets sounds like a women's roller derby team.

Thread Information