Widgets Magazine
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 434445464748
Results 1,176 to 1,181 of 1181

Thread: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by chestercheetah View Post
    I was just thinking about how different the new OKC arena might be from the BOK Center in Tulsa. Built for $178 million ($264 million today), the BOK Center set a high standard, but OKC’s new $900 million arena will have so much more to work with in terms of design, space, and technology. It’ll be interesting to see what almost four times the money can do.
    You're correct. The architectural firms involved seem IMO to downplay what they are going to deliver. Just not sure what specs the city will require other than a 750,000 sq., footage total minimum or more. Nothing definitive about seating capacity, luxury suites, lodge boxes or premium seating.

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

BTW: Utah NHL Hockey Club is averaging a sellout of 11,131 at the Delta Center in SLC. I'd argue that if this team were playing in Tulsa's BOK Center they would be drawing a minimum of 15,000 - 16,000 a night or more.

They are selling out their NBA Jazz at the Detlta Center as well - 18,175. With the hockey configuration added; the Delta Center's basketball capacity shrunk from 18,302 to 18,175.

The Delta Center opened with an original NBA seating capacity 19,911.

3. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by AMinEdmond View Post
    I’m not certain about its suitability for hockey, but it will definitely be able to host concerts. Although the initial cost is estimated at $900 million to $1 billion, I believe we’ll end up spending around $1.2 to $1.5 billion. I would imagine it will incorporate technology from both the new Intuit Dome in LA and have the architecture of the Chase Center in SF.
    What technology are you thinking about? The Halo Board is super obnoxious and having a microphone in every seat feels gimmicky.

4. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Let's get that 10,000 attendee FFA state convention we lost to Tulsa back in our city. That's probably 5,000 hotel room nights x three days (15,000 room nights) added to our local economy.
    Great sentiment! I see you mention this a lot. It’d be cool, but I don’t think the new arena will get that particular convention back. The reason it moved was because of conflicting dates with the NBA. They seem to like to use two buildings.

https://www.newson6.com/story/60dce7...m-okc-to-tulsa

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ed...s-source=login

^

Yes, the reason OKC lost that event was due to the Cox Center going under an exclusive contract with Prairie Surf.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on which side of the block loading docks should be placed. It seems pretty unlikely that it will be East or West...so should North or South Bear that burden?

Thread Information