Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SEC NW 178th & May

Default Re: SEC NW 178th & May

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    Definitely try the salads, if salads are your thing. The chicken caesar is my go-to, and I get it several times a month. I am hoping we eventually get one a little closer to The Village, though.
    Wouldn't be surprised if one popped up on Penn or May between 122nd and Memorial. Their stores have such a small footprint, it would probably go in well on Penn by Freddy's and the new Scholotsky's. Guessing of course.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if one popped up on Penn or May between 122nd and Memorial. Their stores have such a small footprint, it would probably go in well on Penn by Freddy's and the new Scholotsky's. Guessing of course.
    I would go probably 4 times a week if it were that close.

I didn't see a dedicated thread for the NE corner (seems to be one for the other three) but a construction trailer went up and there is a utility box (probably electric for the trailer) blocking the view of traffic from the South. This is just North of The Winston and West of the Lofts at Valencia. I think I remember it possibly being assisted living, but I might be mistaken.

i think it’s apartments

Work has started on a new strip center just to the west of Taco Bell. Will be very similar to the one already constructed to the west.

Donato's Pizza and Swig will be the anchor tenants. Similar to the shopping center in Edmond at 9th and Bryant.

https://www.cbre.com/properties/prop...-city-ok-73012

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 6.52.26 PM.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	19217

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-10-10 at 6.52.35 PM.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	19218

At the same intersection, CRBE is showing that 178th and May north of JackBe Grocery is avalaible again.

I thought somewhere it was posted on the site that this was going to be some form of a micro-brewery to compliment the Winston across the street?

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    At the same intersection, CRBE is showing that 178th and May north of JackBe Grocery is avalaible again.

I thought somewhere it was posted on the site that this was going to be some form of a micro-brewery to compliment the Winston across the street?
    That was the plan a couple years ago but I don't think it ever came together. At one time I had come across renderings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That was the plan a couple years ago but I don't think it ever came together. At one time I had come across renderings.
    Did you ever know who the brewery was? I remember you saying they weren't local and I remember you mentioning the deal fell thru. I'm curious about what might have been.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Did you ever know who the brewery was? I remember you saying they weren't local and I remember you mentioning the deal fell thru. I'm curious about what might have been.
    It was a brewery out of Colorado that had some local connections.

With the rash of recent closings, I don't think we'll see a new brewery in OKC for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It was a brewery out of Colorado that had some local connections.

With the rash of recent closings, I don't think we'll see a new brewery in OKC for a while.
    i even think in the OKC metro area, we are still going to see 2 more breweries potentially close in the next 18 or so months, unless they really get in influx of cash and/or change their model. again, these breweries could be making money if they would pivot their models some, but most were not great business owners to start with, they wanted to just open a brewery, and not really look at it as a true business. Peak saturation has hit OKC when it comes to craft beer, and those that don't know how to compete, will go away.

Thread Information