Widgets Magazine
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2474849505152
Results 1,276 to 1,298 of 1298

Thread: Plaza District

Default Re: Plaza District

There is a Japanese restaurant and bar going into the old Oak & Oar space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Pete: Do you know who the proprietors are?

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    Pete: Do you know who the proprietors are?
    No, just saw the filing for a liquor license.

4. Default Re: Plaza District

Thanks for the Info Pete!

Thought I saw a coming soon sign about a Japanese place just to the east of the tequila place

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    Thought I saw a coming soon sign about a Japanese place just to the east of the tequila place
    See upthread. Pete said it was going into the old Oak and Ore spot.

7. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    See upthread. Pete said it was going into the old Oak and Ore spot.
    Two separate concepts are going in. One is in Oak and Ore, and the other is in the old photo art building where Beet Box was.

Saw on Linkedin that Jonathon Stranger is going to open a "newly redesigned and re-envisioned Osteria" in the old Aurora space. Estimated opening date of early Q1 2025.

9. Default Re: Plaza District

Saw on Linkedin that Jonathon Stranger is going to open a "newly redesigned and re-envisioned Osteria" in the old Aurora space. Estimated opening date of early Q1 2025.
    The only way this works is if he makes it like a Fazoli's. Not sure how this fits in the Plaza at all. He says he wants to make it like what Chef Lee did with Birdie's. That is a fancy style restaurant and that doesn't seem to work in the Plaza. So odd.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    The only way this works is if he makes it like a Fazoli's. Not sure how this fits in the Plaza at all. He says he wants to make it like what Chef Lee did with Birdie's. That is a fancy style restaurant and that doesn't seem to work in the Plaza. So odd.
    And I would think they would need to change the hours as well. They are only open 3-close in both locations. It almost needs to be like Eataly where they have sit down with a waiter, but also fast casual. Just my opinion.

11. Default Re: Plaza District

And I would think they would need to change the hours as well. They are only open 3-close in both locations. It almost needs to be like Eataly where they have sit down with a waiter, but also fast casual. Just my opinion.
    I actually think he needs to move to fast casual dining and have people order at the front and then go sit down and wait for their order to be brought to them. I just don't think he knows how to do that. It seems like a waste of a great space to me.

People don't normally piss away money, so I bet he has gotten feedback from people in the area to make sure he fills a need and supplies a demand. He has quite a few successful restaurants, so he isn't dumb. Why not let him step in the batters box before calling it a strike out?

13. Default Re: Plaza District

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    People don't normally piss away money, so I bet he has gotten feedback from people in the area to make sure he fills a need and supplies a demand. He has quite a few successful restaurants, so he isn't dumb. Why not let him step in the batters box before calling it a strike out?
    Who said he was dumb? Suggesting better ways to run a business, that actually failed in the spot it was at, is not saying someone is dumb. Also, he did piss away money on a recent idea that only lasted for like a few months. His only success recently is El Coyote. I will always hope for success of local businesses, but this is not a good move and if someone told him this was the spot then they misled him.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    The dude is not on a winning streak rn.

15. Default Re: Plaza District

1744 NW 15th Street

"This prime restaurant space, located in the heart of Oklahoma City’s vibrant Plaza District, is available for lease in a new three-story building. Surrounded by the district’s most popular restaurants, local shops, and festivals, the space features a large outdoor patio, modern architecture, and expansive windows, perfect for a high visibility dining experience. With 10 residential units above, the location guarantees a built-in customer base and constant foot traffic. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this thriving community and make your mark in OKC’s hottest district."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plaza New Building.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	195.4 KB 
ID:	19230

^

I haven't seen any planning docs for that site, which would be required.

1744 NW 15th Street

"This prime restaurant space, located in the heart of Oklahoma City’s vibrant Plaza District, is available for lease in a new three-story building. Surrounded by the district’s most popular restaurants, local shops, and festivals, the space features a large outdoor patio, modern architecture, and expansive windows, perfect for a high visibility dining experience. With 10 residential units above, the location guarantees a built-in customer base and constant foot traffic. Don’t miss the chance to be part of this thriving community and make your mark in OKC’s hottest district."

This would be an awesome development. I wish we could get something like for the NW corner of NW24th St and Walker.

Drove by yesterday and the Everything Goes Dance Studio directly east of Lyric had the door open and it looks like work was being done. Not sure to what extent, but glad to see some sort of improvement being done to that corner.

Blog Entries

^

My bike route to the river, is down Indiana, and it’s amazing how quickly this is going up.

^

Looks like the building permit is BLDC-2024-03178, issued 2024-08-21. Browsing on phone atm so I don't have the patience to crop and post pics from the permit application but hopefully that info still helps.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Looks like the building permit is BLDC-2024-03178, issued 2024-08-21. Browsing on phone atm so I don't have the patience to crop and post pics from the permit application but hopefully that info still helps.
    Thanks. I was looking for planning documents, then realized that as soon as you go south of 16th, there is no design review.

1744 NW 15th Street

FNB of Oklahoma closed on the construction financing for this property according to LinkedIn.

Also, originally this was to be 5 work/live units with commercial on the ground floors and two levels of living above.

Looks like they are now trying to combine the ground floor of 3 units to rent as restaurant space.

This is another Struble property, who has done a lot of work in and around the Plaza.

Thread Information