Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: Kroger

Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

I find this very hard to believe.

Kroger only delivers between 5AM and 10PM.

Also, you always get a text and/or email when there is a delivery so she would have known it was there when she got up in the morning.
    She scheduled the delivery for 8pm, Kroger said they were running late and gave a delivery time of 3am. She thought that couldn't be corect and when she got up at 6am, she found her ruined food on the porch. Not sure why anyone would make up such a story.

https://imgur.com/1H0l5ic

https://imgur.com/kGAvicE

It appears that I can't post pics but I have screenshots that show a delivery scheduled for 3:07AM. But like I said, she still uses the service, so it's not like that one issue has lost them a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. XXL View Post
    It appears that I can't post pics but I have screenshots that show a delivery scheduled for 3:07AM. But like I said, she still uses the service, so it's not like that one issue has lost them a customer.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Very strange.

Kroger opens new 123,000 sq ft mega store in Melissa TX.
    Starbucks kiosk
    Murray’s Cheese counter fuel center featuring 18 fueling positions
    grab & go kiosk with beverages and snacks
    full-service groceryproduce, floral, meat, and seafood
    pharmacy expanded general merchandise, including outdoor living products, home goods, apparel, toys, and more
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	745.8 KB 
ID:	19226

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Kroger opens new 123,000 sq ft mega store in Melissa TX.
    Starbucks kiosk
    Murray’s Cheese counter fuel center featuring 18 fueling positions
    grab & go kiosk with beverages and snacks
    full-service groceryproduce, floral, meat, and seafood
    pharmacy expanded general merchandise, including outdoor living products, home goods, apparel, toys, and more
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0008.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	745.8 KB 
ID:	19226
    I wish they would come here. Crest is becoming more and more like Wal-Mart, in terms of customer service, and I would love better options.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I wish they would come here. Crest is becoming more and more like Wal-Mart, in terms of customer service, and I would love better options.
    Will never happen. Crest, Homeland, and Wal-Mart have too great a stronghold on this market, and there isn't enough growth to support more stores, apparently.

7. Default Re: Kroger

Nah give me HEB or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Nah give me HEB or give me death.
    For sure!

Our grocery stores are so mediocre.

10. Default Re: Kroger

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Will never happen. Crest, Homeland, and Wal-Mart have too great a stronghold on this market, and there isn't enough growth to support more stores, apparently.
    Whole Foods and Sprouts didn't think OKC would be a good market, either. It's possible once the Kroger merger situation gets sorted out, Kroger will be looking for expansion opportunities

Our grocery stores are so mediocre.
    Can you expand on what makes them mediocre?

Stores like Crest, Walmart, and Winco focus a lot on price, so there isn't a whole lot of attention on presentation. They look they same here as they do almost anywhere else.

Homeland (the newer stores) and Uptown Grocery spend a lot of time on presentation and shopping experience, which brings up some of the prices of goods. Target spends also a lot of time on presentation and overall experience, too, but it closely matches the rest of the stores across the chain.

Sprouts, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers serve a certain demographic, just like Aldi is designed to be small and bare bones in selection and stocking for discount pricing.

As for food selection, it really depends on the stores size and overall layout. I find that Homeland offers a lot more speciality items, and Uptown has its speciality items too.

I would say the closest thing we have to a full service Kroger is Homeland, but as they build new stores they tend to be much smaller than their existing footprint of stores, but I wouldn't consider them mediocre. Homeland is similar to Reasor's in Tulsa. Reasor's does have a few larger stores, but they also have an assortment of older or smaller stores just like Homeland. Dillons (sub-brand of Kroger) in Wichita is also similar offering a few Marketplace locations that offer a lot of variety in goods sold, but they also have smaller grocery stores or older stores with a generic out and back racetrack aisle.

One of the reasons Kroger can open a 123,000 square foot store in Melissa, Texas, is because the market is not already being served by a Walmart Supercenter. According to Google, the closest Walmart's are in Anna and Mckinney. So there is probably some extensive market research that shows they can offer general merchandise outside of food or grocery items and succeed at selling it. Of course the main thing Texas has going for itself is population density. DFW, Houston, and San Antonio, and even Austin have giant customer bases to pull from, and stores like HEB have really pushed those markets to compete with giant stores.

Essentially, OKC needs to convince outside chains that there is a big enough demand for an alternative grocer compared to Walmart, but as many have pointed out, Walmart came in, and built a ton of Supercenter's across the metro, and dominates that market with locations all in OKC.

One thing that really helps newer stores stand out is the focus on natural light. Uptown Grocery and the newer Crest stores have giant windows that allow lots of natural light into the store to help the overall ambience. A lot of the OKC grocery stores built in the 80's and 90's would benefit from updated storefronts and brighter environments, but with grocery margins being so thin, and a defined customer base, its hard to justify more than a new paint refresh every now and then.

We have plenty of good grocery options these days.

Grocers have increasingly razor-thin margins, so don't expect some big new chain to come here to an already well-saturated market.

Dutch Bros roasting facility, Kroger, Walmart and HEB, among numerous other businesses will all be opening between 2024 & 2026 to Melissa TX.
    Trust me when I say it’s a different level of shopping experience at Kroger, HEB and Tom Thumb IYKYK. They have more amenities just like my previous post with the new Kroger. None of the OKC stores have that. Have you been to any of those stores? Just ask anyone from TX.

I shopped at Ralph's in California, the Kroger brand on the West Coast.

It was my preferred store but I don't miss it and have found lots of good options here in OKC.

Dutch Bros roasting facility, Kroger, Walmart and HEB, among numerous other businesses will all be opening between 2024 & 2026 to Melissa TX.
    Trust me when I say it’s a different level of shopping experience at Kroger, HEB and Tom Thumb IYKYK. They have more amenities just like my previous post with the new Kroger. None of the OKC stores have that. Have you been to any of those stores? Just ask anyone from TX.
    We have friends that live in Houston and swear by HEB after living in OKC for years, we visit the metroplex often, and notice that HEB is always packed (...and huge!).

Comparing an HEB to a local store like Crest or Homeland, I feel like it's comparing a Buc-ees in Texas to an OnCue here in OKC. OnCue is definitely great, but it is not even in the same league as what a Buc-ee's can offer.

Thread Information