Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by amocore View Post
    Interesting. My flight to Atlanta has been changed from a B717 to a B757 which I have never seen in OKC.
    Could it be that ? I’m on the 215pm today
    That particular aircraft was in Bogota, Columbia yesterday before ATL, then on to OKC. It's coming in from ATL today and turning right back around to ATL before heading to Miami. Very interesting to see a 757 on a regular turn in OKC...

Thank you for telling this not the one which broke down on the way to Houston !

I fly regularly and I have never seen a 757 scheduled in OKC. It has to be the biggest passenger with some A321 in higher density configuration like at Frontier.

I think Delta is retiring their B717 fleet. Maybe the 757 will be an OKC regular; certainly the largest passenger aircraft I've ever seen here.

Not sure of what got switched but my wife's flight the next morning was 830 am-ish and the 530am flight had not departed yet.

https://www-griceconnect-com.cdn.amp...-as-39-9562123. Were they doing that poorly that they left OKC. They stayed in Wichita they stayed in Tulsa

6. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    https://www-griceconnect-com.cdn.amp...-as-39-9562123. Were they doing that poorly that they left OKC. They stayed in Wichita they stayed in Tulsa
    Allegiant has a fairly robust route network out of nearby XNA. Likely due to not having to compete with Southwest and higher disposable income in NWA which drives leisure travel.

Those numbers kinda suck.

AA and United killed it. Not sure what the rest were doing.

10. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

United: Regional Fleet to Become Smaller Part of Airline

https://airlinegeeks.com/2024/10/18/...B2Koc3CJLYSfvg

"Moving forward, he said, United’s regional strategy will involve larger aircraft and fewer frequencies with subsequently lower unit costs."

Top 50 Unserved Markets in the US. OKC makes the list 3 times... (OKC-San Fran, OKC-BOS, OKC-SD). Can't believe we still haven't gotten OKC-SFO back yet.

https://ishrionaviation.com/news/top...-united-states

Quote Originally Posted by shai2022 View Post
    Top 50 Unserved Markets in the US. OKC makes the list 3 times... (OKC-San Fran, OKC-BOS, OKC-SD). Can't believe we still haven't gotten OKC-SFO back yet.

https://ishrionaviation.com/news/top...-united-states
    Any publicity is good publicity, right?

Sucks that we are on there 3 times.

Sunday morning I went through a canine screening section before getting to the TSA scanner.

How long have there been canine screenings at Will Roger's Airport?

14. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

very surprising there's no Los Angeles connection to Milwaukee. MKE must be the most underserved large city (with OKC #2) since they also missing SFO. At least OKC has Los Angeles and has for a very long time.

Other than MKE-LAX, MKE-SFO and OKC-SFO, none of the others are a surprise given the market size (well, OKC-BOS and OKC-SAN are large). Hopefully OKC can regain SFO (come on United) and strengthen its existing route offering.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    very surprising there's no Los Angeles connection to Milwaukee. MKE must be the most underserved large city (with OKC #2) since they also missing SFO. At least OKC has Los Angeles and has for a very long time.

Other than MKE-LAX, MKE-SFO and OKC-SFO, none of the others are a surprise given the market size (well, OKC-BOS and OKC-SAN are large). Hopefully OKC can regain SFO (come on United) and strengthen its existing route offering.
    Milwaukee's issue is the airport is only 70 miles from O'Hare.

Not surprised by that list. The two listed for Tulsa (SFO and SEA) are the two highest priority routes the airport is currently working on and will likely use incentives. From the Tulsa World:

The Oklahoma Aerospace and Aeronautics Commission on Wednesday made the award from the Progressing Rural Economic Prosperity Fund. The $2 million, plus $500,000 from the Tulsa Community Foundation, will be used to guarantee a minimum level of revenue for each nonstop flight.

Tulsa International Airport officials hope the funding will help secure a contract with an airline to create a nonstop route to San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego, Boston or Cancun.
    https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/bu...d4c99c28d.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Not surprised by that list. The two listed for Tulsa (SFO and SEA) are the two highest priority routes the airport is currently working on and will likely use incentives. From the Tulsa World:

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/bu...d4c99c28d.html
    I wonder if OKC is getting any of these funds for incentives.

18. Default Re: 2024 Oklahoma City Aviation Thread

Thread Information