Widgets Magazine
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5505152535455
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1375

Thread: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

1. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    How does the waterpark compare in size to the Water Zoo in Clinton or Great Wolf Lodge in DFW?
    I'm not sure about Great Wolf Lodge since I've never been there.

It looks much bigger than Water Zoo, and I'm sure it will be open more than weekends past early August.

Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

OKANA is vastly larger than Water Zoo and Great Wolf Lodge. It's even larger than Epic Water Parks in Grand Prairie, TX. OKANA is a something this region of the Unites States has never been seen before.

Keep in mind that OKANA has set aside that entire parking lot to the south for the future expansion of the indoor park.

Blog Entries

Every time I leave MWC, it's impressive to see the OKANA development south of I-40.

Looking forward to a couple of full day activities to check out OKANA and FAM in 2025. Plans for our family reunion in OKC with relatives from the Carolinas, Kansas, New Mexico, Virginia, Tennessee, Texas and few more states.

Hope the plans to open OKANA will be on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Looking at the indoor waterpark renderings, I don't see a lazy river. I feel like that's a big miss. That's one of the best things about any waterpark.
    They must have removed it from the original plans because way back before construction even started I saw a lazy river on the permit documents. Maybe they will add one with an expansion later. The lazy river should be a form of transit and not just be there with no destination in mind. A building expansion on the south side would be the perfect destination.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    OKANA is vastly larger than Water Zoo and Great Wolf Lodge. It's even larger than Epic Water Parks in Grand Prairie, TX. OKANA is a something this region of the Unites States has never been seen before.
    I don't know if I would go that far to say its larger that GWL and Epic Water Parks depends on how we are classifying each water attraction. Indoor water park attractions, those two parks are larger, but OKANA has a large outdoor lagoon, an obstacle course, and a few slides which makes it bigger.

I googled OKANA to book a room for the summer and there are three google reviews and a 1.7 rating and the place hasn't even opened yet. Of course, you can predict what the bad reviews are in the price, but that's about it because no one has been able to go or stay there...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Looking at the indoor waterpark renderings, I don't see a lazy river. I feel like that's a big miss. That's one of the best things about any waterpark.
    There's a lazy river under the mezzanine.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCBayou View Post
    You can see it in the upper right of this plan:

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I don't know if I would go that far to say its larger that GWL and Epic Water Parks depends on how we are classifying each water attraction. Indoor water park attractions, those two parks are larger, but OKANA has a large outdoor lagoon, an obstacle course, and a few slides which makes it bigger.
    So it is larger?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    So it is larger?
    Depends on what time of year it is.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCBayou View Post
    Nice! Thank you.

Some discussion whether OKANA is slightly larger or smaller than GWL or Epic. Does it matter? Isn’t the quality of the experience what is most important?

14. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

bigger and quality would be wonderful, since we're (always) competing with the DFW area (and to a lesser extent now, KC) in the region.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

^^^
    I just returned from a trip to KCMO, and as much as it pains me to admit, Kansas City is further ahead of OKC, much more than I thought. There's so much more to do, numerous places to visit, and the city stays lively well into the night. It’s clear that more money is being spent—and made—over there. The projects they have in the pipeline are also more ambitious. On top of it all, the city is blessed with stunning natural terrain, such an elegant city.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    ^^^
    I just returned from a trip to KCMO, and as much as it pains me to admit, Kansas City is further ahead of OKC, much more than I thought. There's so much more to do, numerous places to visit, and the city stays lively well into the night. It’s clear that more money is being spent—and made—over there. The projects they have in the pipeline are also more ambitious. On top of it all, the city is blessed with stunning natural terrain, such an elegant city.
    We might as well give up.

We'll ignore that they have like, 700k more in their MSA (50% of OKC's MSA).

OKANA will be massive for this city, state, and region. I suspect it will be a huge success and will continue to expand and only get better as time goes on. So if you're upset that it's 100 sq. ft smaller than another indoor waterpark somewhere, give it time.

Keep in mind there is a big arcade, laser tag, stores, convention center, bars, and restaurants that will be year-round in addition to the indoor park (which has property to the south dedicated for future expansion).

There is also the great, huge museum and plans for an aquarium and future phases.

This will be a huge complex that is 75% non-seasonal. Add the massive outdoor lagoon, the WIBIT course, the slides, other outdoor amenities and I can't think of anything with an indoor waterpark that approaches it.

19. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

^^^
    My sources tell me everything's up to date in Kansas City.

^^^
    This is exactly what people say when they visit OKC.

It's the natural inclination to underrate where you live and overrate a place you visit on vacation.

^^^

They said OKC was ahead of KCMO? I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    My sources tell me everything's up to date in Kansas City.
    I bet they have tall buildings, electric lights and you don't have to poop outside there (paraphrasing).

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I bet they have tall buildings, electric lights and you don't have to poop outside there (paraphrasing).
    @PhiAlpha and @catcherinthewry: If you're in the real estate or restaurant industries, I highly recommend paying a visit to Kansas City, MO. You might pick up some valuable ideas. It's no coincidence that Populous and MANICA are headquartered there. Chicken & Pickle, BARK, and Parlor all originated in Kansas City, MO, the last time I checked. I almost never visit a city just to wander around, I wish I had time for that. But knowing where you stand, and continuously learning from others, will take you far. People are always doing something cool somewhere, it isn't a bad idea to keep an open mind. Even if real estate or restaurants aren't your things, I still recommend visiting before making any bets. You’ll find that, unfortunately, some people still have to p**p outside in KC. Anyway, Kansas City has Shake Shack, which is worth the trip. If you're unsure where it is, I'd be happy to mark it on your map.

24. Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

I've been there many times and I enjoy the city. It has a lot going for it, but I question your criteria for a great city if having a Shake Shack is a major selling point.
    And for the record I wasn't denigrating KC, I was referencing a song from the musical Oklahoma!, must've gone over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    I've been there many times and I enjoy the city. It has a lot going for it, but I question your criteria for a great city if having a Shake Shack is a major selling point.
    And for the record I wasn't denigrating KC, I was referencing a song from the musical Oklahoma!, must've gone over your head.
    Exactly. KC is a great city with a lot to offer. Shake Shack is not one of those things.

Thread Information