Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dick's Sporting Goods

Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Isn’t there a PGA store in that area?
    Which also has a Golf USA directly behind it.

JDub is scheduled to attend the grand opening.

Not sure about the grand opening. But I went to the new store on Friday. I have to say, the store is incredible. It’s massive, and the layout is extremely customer centric. They must do far more business than I’m aware of. I can’t imagine how much it takes to operate and staff a place of that scale. But I was beyond impressed from a first impression.

The massive Dick’s House of Sport has opened at 13145 N. Penn just south of the Kilpatrick Turnpike.

The two-level, 115,000-square-foot Oklahoma City store is the 16th location for acHouse of Sport, which the company launched in 2021. The smaller Dick’s location at 14200 N. Penn is now closed.

A field attached to the store can be used for open play, clinics, league space or as an ice rink in the winter.

There will be a formal grand opening celebration Oct 18-20 with giveaways and a softball clinic on Oct. 19th by OU softball greats Jocelyn Alo and Jayda Coleman.

There will also be appearances and autograph sessions scheduled at 6 p.m. Oct. 18 with Oklahoma City Thunder guard Jalen Williams and at noon Oct. 20 with NFL Hall of Famer and Heisman Trophy winner Barry Sanders.

Hours are 9 AM to 9 PM Monday through Saturday; 10 AM to 7 PM Sunday.

5. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

I wish I would have known it was open this weekend... I would have stopped by! Google said it was open last week, but it wasn't. That place is massive... with lots on wonderful parking spots (sorry, couldn't resist)!

It's incredibly impressive in person.

Another big addition to OKC's ever-growing retail scene.

hopefully they will carry street hockey stuff. so disappointing that none of the dicks they built have ever carried equipment for that

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    I wish I would have known it was open this weekend... I would have stopped by! Google said it was open last week, but it wasn't. That place is massive... with lots on wonderful parking spots (sorry, couldn't resist)!
    It was open last Wednesday. My son and I drove over to the Dick's on the north side of Memorial only to see it all closed up so we drove over to the new one and it was open.

Love it. It's not quite like Scheel's, but it'll do!

One thing I love about the place is all the available shoes. They have an incredible selection. Very impressive.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    hopefully they will carry street hockey stuff. so disappointing that none of the dicks they built have ever carried equipment for that
    They don't carry ice hockey either. They barely carry lacrosse. I know it's actually a pretty good rule in lacrosse that if Dick's carries an item, it's garbage.

10. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

Passed by the building they are opening in Tulsa at 71st and Mingo this past weekend. It looks like it's almost ready to open too.

I just hope that their prices are a bit more competitive in this big space. The ground floor doesn't look that much different from a regular Dick's, but i guess having the second floor makes it twice the size. I'll have to wait and look once i'm in there, but it looks above like a lot of that extra space is taken up by fancier large displays that just take up more room rather than really getting a lot of product in there. More about the experience necessarily than the volume of products. Kind of like if Academy and Bass Pro had a baby.

The big one in i think St Louis (or maybe its Chicago, i can't remember) is impressive. It's more like Bass Pro for sports and is what I was hoping this would be. But it looks like it's like the Jr version of that unfortunately.

Did anyone else see the giant Dick's Sporting Goods House of Sport Blimp today?

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Did anyone else see the giant Dick's Sporting Goods House of Sport Blimp today?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2024-10-20_171453723.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	19225

It is currently still up at the time of posting making rounds around the new Dick's Sporting Goods House of Sport

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_2024-10-20_171453723.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	19225

It is currently still up at the time of posting making rounds around the new Dick's Sporting Goods House of Sport
    I saw it this afternoon, but it was flying over Top Golf and Costco. Didn't realized it had a crew, from the size of it from the ground, figured it was just a drone blimp with a big battery.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/co...b-592ea25ee70e

14. Default Re: Dick's Sporting Goods

Yeah it was way down in the Moore/Norman area too.

Thread Information