Widgets Magazine
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 111213141516

Thread: Sam's Club

Default Re: Sam's Club

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Sam's also have these fancy things called handheld scanners at self checkouts so that you don't have to awkwardly position a huge box over the scanner.
    With Scan and Go you are basically carrying that hand held scanner around with you while shopping. I've been using it since they started it.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    With Scan and Go you are basically carrying that hand held scanner around with you while shopping. I've been using it since they started it.
    I know, its great. My comment was aimed at Costco who don't have handheld scanner.

Forcing scan and go is a good way to ensure people have valid memberships! This is a better approach than Costcos membership photo at door attempt

With going solely scan and go you’re more likely to have true members using it as you’d be less likely to let friends have your account with banking linked than you are to let them borrow a physical card.

Just a thought I had. I love scam and go as well and have used it since it came out. I’ve noticed the exit scanner technology has been improving as it learns as well and more likely than not lately I get just waved thru the exits.

I guess I have not paid attention to scan and go, how does it work? I am older so not sure what you use to scan items??

You put the Sams app on your phone. In the app is an icon to select Scan and Go. As you shop you scan the bar code on the items and quantity when you put them in your cart. When you are finished shopping you select check out. My Sams membership card is also a Sams Mastercard that is linked to the app. It charges your card for the amount and you proceed to the door. No stopping at any check out. There may be other ways to pay but that is how I do it. I also earn Sams Cash when I use the card that can be deducted from what you purchase.

And the Sams Mastercard is good to have. It pays 5% cash back on all gas purchases anywhere. Don't have to buy gas at Sams to get that. 3% back on dining anywhere and 1% back on anything else. We use it exclusively for gas and dining. Cashback is paid monthly in Sams Cash.

It's so easy to shop there, today I went twice.

That has probably never happened in the history of Costco.

I finally bit the bullet thanks to this thread. I honestly had no idea what I was missing. I’ve been pretty committed to Costco, but that changed about three weeks ago. As far as being up to date, there’s really no comparison. I haven’t used Scan & Go yet, but I’ve seen it used in the store and it’s definitely the future. In fact, I just saw on CNBC that the first all-digital Sam’ Club opens in Grapevine on Thursday. Thanks for all the encouragement from members in this thread; I really can’t see ever going back to Costco for anything other than maybe some Kirkland stuff.

Thread Information