Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Williams Sonoma

1. Default Re: Williams Sonoma

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    Would be cool in phase 2 Chisholm Creek or Oak developments. Could also see it in Spring Creek expansion if that ever happens or great opportunity for Quail Springs to try and capitalize on.
    It doesn’t fit with the tenant mix at Chisholm Creek, and I don’t see the Oak guys adding much in the way of retail. There will be some, but not as much as Ryan planned.

Spring Creek is much more viable, imo

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: Williams Sonoma

Quote Originally Posted by SouthOfTheVillage View Post
    ...and I don’t see the Oak guys adding much in the way of retail. There will be some, but not as much as Ryan planned.
    Can you expound on this?

3. Default Re: Williams Sonoma

It's always one step forward, one step back on retail in OKC. Often at no fault of the City itself. Simon is apparently being hard to deal with here. We do not have a good, large, outdoor shopping center that many nice stores would want to go to (many proposed, never built).

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    It's always one step forward, one step back on retail in OKC. Often at no fault of the City itself. Simon is apparently being hard to deal with here. We do not have a good, large, outdoor shopping center that many nice stores would want to go to (many proposed, never built).
    No idea on available space - but I feel like this would be the perfect addition to NH Plaza or Classen Curve.

Quote Originally Posted by timothy.a.owen View Post
    No idea on available space - but I feel like this would be the perfect addition to NH Plaza or Classen Curve.
    I would think that sur la table would have a lease provision prohibiting that.

Quote Originally Posted by brianinok View Post
    I always wondered had the 2008 recession not happened how much different UNP in Norman would've looked and the supposed lifestyle center near Quail with a theater.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I always wondered had the 2008 recession not happened how much different UNP in Norman would've looked and the supposed lifestyle center near Quail with a theater.
    It really does blow my mind that Chisholm Creek didn't try for a more aggressive/ambitious building plan during one of the longest periods of economic expansion in recent history. Going to be much more difficult for them to finish the later stages of that development now, which is the only chance for it to actually end up like a lifestyle center.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    It really does blow my mind that Chisholm Creek didn't try for a more aggressive/ambitious building plan during one of the longest periods of economic expansion in recent history. Going to be much more difficult for them to finish the later stages of that development now, which is the only chance for it to actually end up like a lifestyle center.
    construction costs in Oklahoma have been up not down in the last 8 months ..

Williams Sonoma is now open at OAK located at NW Expressway and Penn.

WS had previously operated in Penn Square Mall but vacated that location several years ago.

Hours are M-SA 10am - 8pm and Sun 11am - 6pm.

Williams Sonoma offers professional quality cookware, bakeware, gourmet food, and cooking demonstrations.

One of my favorites! Welcome back to OKC!

Can someone tell me what the significant differences are between this and Sur La Table? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    Can someone tell me what the significant differences are between this and Sur La Table? Just curious.
    Williams Sonoma pricing is typically higher, and they focused on a broader range of products compared to Sur La Table. Sur La Table is generally a bit more affordable and more focused on cooking with more activities like cooking classes and demonstrations. Both of them have classes and high-quality brands in every category, Williams Sonoma is more luxury focused and Sur La Table is more experience focused.

It's a really nice store.

Seems nicer than the old version at Penn Square.

Blog Entries

^That store in PSM was jinxed! All sorts of issues in that space. This will be light years ahead I am sure!

I had forgotten how much I liked perusing their sections of kitchen tools. Much better than the assortment at SLT, in my opinion. Looking forward to visiting this store.

I love these stores but they are such a trap...

You look at that table at the entrance and think, "Hey, that's all very nice."

Then you realize there's like $10,000 of merchandise.

Thread Information