Widgets Magazine

Thread: Langston’s closing Midwest City store.

Default Langston’s closing Midwest City store.

According to the Midwest City Beacon. Langston’s is closing their Midwest City store due to their lease not being renewed.

Default Re: Langston’s closing Midwest City store.

That was a huge retail space to occupy. I went one time looking for big and tall jeans but they were all sold out in my size. Langston's stocks a lot of jeans but their swift reordering of certain sizes is lacking.

3. Default Re: Langston’s closing Midwest City store.

I wonder if Langston's chose not to renew, if they upped the price to high, or if the landlord decided not to renew them.

The folks running that entire Uptown development are morons. Have been for 20 years. I dont know if its still NorthStar/Atkinson, but they just keep shorting themselves and shoot themselves in the foot. It all started with the failed redevelopment and how they went about doing it...and then how each phase got crappier and crappier with a lack of tenants. That first phase has been half empty since they did the redevelopment more than 10 years ago now. They are a perfect example of there needing to be a tax on developers who keep spaces unoccupied because they refuse to offer a propre market rate for their space (because they didn't plan properly for the expenses).

The absolute best thing that could happen for all of Uptown, is for someone else to buy it out. Seems like every project that group has touched has floundered and failed.

4. Default Re: Langston’s closing Midwest City store.

I worked in that building when it was an Anthony's waaay back in the summer of 1987.

Default Re: Langston’s closing Midwest City store.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    I wonder if Langston's chose not to renew, if they upped the price to high, or if the landlord decided not to renew them.

The folks running that entire Uptown development are morons. Have been for 20 years. I dont know if its still NorthStar/Atkinson, but they just keep shorting themselves and shoot themselves in the foot. It all started with the failed redevelopment and how they went about doing it...and then how each phase got crappier and crappier with a lack of tenants. That first phase has been half empty since they did the redevelopment more than 10 years ago now. They are a perfect example of there needing to be a tax on developers who keep spaces unoccupied because they refuse to offer a propre market rate for their space (because they didn't plan properly for the expenses).

The absolute best thing that could happen for all of Uptown, is for someone else to buy it out. Seems like every project that group has touched has floundered and failed.
    According to the County Assessor’s website the entire Uptown Center was sold to a new owner Pintail MWC LLC out of Dallas back in May.

6. Default Re: Langston’s closing Midwest City store.

Well that's great. Maybe that's why the lease wasn't renewed. Maybe we'll be seeing some work done in this last section that barely got a paintjob in the "remodels".

Thread Information