Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: State Fair

Blog Entries

Default Re: State Fair

Really enjoyed the various segments with many intensive moments throughout this adventure. Brought back some childhood memories.

Thanks for sharing, scottk.

So we weren't imaging that the crowds seemed lighter this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-...74O_5ZYHjz6mfE

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    So we weren't imaging that the crowds seemed lighter this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-...74O_5ZYHjz6mfE
    Seems like they are saying business was off 10%, year over year, and have reasons. I'm curious how it seems to be about a direct $10 per person average spend for the last several years? Now, I freely admit I am a Fairgrounds fanboy, but the math kind of seems a bit fuzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Seems like they are saying business was off 10%, year over year, and have reasons. I'm curious how it seems to be about a direct $10 per person average spend for the last several years? Now, I freely admit I am a Fairgrounds fanboy, but the math kind of seems a bit fuzzy.
    Seems I'm doing a lot of seeming.

Blaming it on the weather being too hot? It only rained on the last day also. I'll have to check the weather last year and see what it was. Update. Last year temps were much cooler 2 days had upper 80's and 2 days had low 90's. Rained on 3 days but nothing too have . .20 .44 .21 This year was much hotter but first couple days of the fair were upper 80s. Wasn't until Wed the 18th did get about 90 before than it was 90 or lower. I don't think that is all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Wasn't looking at spend or math but strictly the quote......."The Oklahoma State Fair saw a 10% decline in attendance in 2024". It seemed like less people and less crowded everytime we went this year.

I am a fanboy also and get season tickets but do feel the fair has steadily declined in value, food offerings and entertainment over the last several years. Like my canoo stock....I am in it for the long haul and hope for the best

Only decision remaining on your Canoo "investment" is when to take the loss. Sell it now and move on. Or wait until the stock goes to zero next year and claim it then. Godspeed.

The new youth policy probably had some part in this years sharp decline combined with the heat. It would get crazy in the evenings with high school kids. The fair isn't cool if you have to either go with a parent or in the middle of the day when its over 90 degrees.

Thread Information