Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I-35 & 2nd St, Edmond

Default Re: I-35 & 2nd St, Edmond

ODOT just released the new 8 year work plan and they have roughly $66.5MM budgeted for the frontage road modifications in 2027. Also, the I-35/Waterloo interchange ($44.3MM) is shown to bid in late 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC B-Man View Post
    ODOT just released the new 8 year work plan and they have roughly $66.5MM budgeted for the frontage road modifications in 2027. Also, the I-35/Waterloo interchange ($44.3MM) is shown to bid in late 2025.
    What are the changes to the frontage roads. That is a lot of money and more than what is being spent building the turn around bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    What are the changes to the frontage roads. That is a lot of money and more than what is being spent building the turn around bridges.
    They're converting them to support only one-way traffic on each side of I-35 between Memorial and 2nd Street. I don't know what all that will involve, as they i don't think they've put out any sort of details on it yet. I agree though, that seems like a ton of money to spend on frontage roads. Especially considering they are already adding turnarounds to the 33rd, 15th, and 2nd street bridges in the phase that is starting right now.

Quote Originally Posted by OKC B-Man View Post
    They're converting them to support only one-way traffic on each side of I-35 between Memorial and 2nd Street. I don't know what all that will involve, as they i don't think they've put out any sort of details on it yet. I agree though, that seems like a ton of money to spend on frontage roads. Especially considering they are already adding turnarounds to the 33rd, 15th, and 2nd street bridges in the phase that is starting right now.
    I believe I also read somewhere they were going to replace/change each of the on/off ramps.

Thread Information