Widgets Magazine
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4495051525354
Results 1,326 to 1,332 of 1332

Thread: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

Default Re: OKANA Resort & Indoor Waterpark

I think it would be cool for a getaway from a decent ways away, but I just don't see how this would be better locally then just going to Hurricane Harbor which will have many more rides/slides.

I suppose if you really like waterpark rides and wanted to go off-season this would fit the requirement.

I have young kids. I can 100% see us going here for a weekend during a cold month just to get out of the house and do something fun. I’m sure I’m not alone.

Yeah the cold months stuff definitely makes sense. I guess they'd just have the big pool closed but all the indoor stuff will still be open.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Why?

The potential customer is not forced to book a hotel room here. If the resort fee is too much, then attendance will suffer, and the tribe will act accordingly. The Chickasaws don't do anything without a ton of research.

But banning something doesn't work, and the hotel room fees would just be increased to offset it.
    Resort fees are just an attempt at deceiving consumers by hiding the true room cost. Airlines played similar games, and they were finally made to show the full price including all fees and taxes when looking at airfare. Hotels (and really everything) should have to follow the same rules. There is no reason for the split out, required fees, except for deception (i.e. making a price look lower than it is until the consumer is nearly done with the booking process).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Resort fees are just an attempt at deceiving consumers by hiding the true room cost. Airlines played similar games, and they were finally made to show the full price including all fees and taxes when looking at airfare. Hotels (and really everything) should have to follow the same rules. There is no reason for the split out, required fees, except for deception (i.e. making a price look lower than it is until the consumer is nearly done with the booking process).
    There are times when the amount of the resort fee needs to be separate. For instance, when a hotel has to be booked using the GSA rate, the GSA rate can't include the resort fee. If the room is being prepaid by someone who has to follow the GSA rate, like the OKC public schools, they can't pay for the resort fee using federal money.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    There are times when the amount of the resort fee needs to be separate. For instance, when a hotel has to be booked using the GSA rate, the GSA rate can't include the resort fee. If the room is being prepaid by someone who has to follow the GSA rate, like the OKC public schools, they can't pay for the resort fee using federal money.
    More reason why mandatory fees should be rolled into the price. For a hotel with an indoor water park, you can at least make the claim that the resort fee is for an actual real amenity that is above and beyond normal hotel rates, but most resort fees are just things that are included at every hotel.

That being said I follow GSA rates at work on federal contracts, and have never had a problem expensing resort fees, although I avoid them like the plaque.

Thread Information