Widgets Magazine

Thread: Daiso

1. Edmond Daiso

"Daiso is entering Oklahoma! Taking 10,000sf next to Walmart Neighborhood Market at 2nd and Bryant Edmond Ok. More store announcements are coming soon." - Mark Inman

Where Japanese Quality Meets American Value!

1727207071123.jpg

2. Default Re: Daiso

SWEET!! This will save me from having to stop by the Dallas one everytime we go down there! My fiance loves this store!

3. Default Re: Daiso

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Beard Face View Post
    SWEET!! This will save me from having to stop by the Dallas one everytime we go down there! My fiance loves this store!
    Can you describe it? What's so great about it? Genuinely asking, no sarcasm.

4. Default Re: Daiso

I had to research who exactly this is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daiso

Default Re: Daiso

It's basically a Japanese dollar store, but with unique Asian items.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    My wife also loves that store. I sit outside and people watch for the hour or so she's in there.

Now if we could just get an H-Mart and a Mitsuwa (Japanese grocery store....yeah, I know that's a very long shot for OKC).

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    It reminds me of some of the stores my mom shopped at back in the 1970's. Not sure why, but I'm struck by that thought every time I enter a Daiso.

8. Default Re: Daiso

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thank you, got it. Will probably do really well here. Also is within walking distance of UCO campus and lots of student housing, so if it is popular with that demo, it should kill it.

I peaked into their space at 2nd and Bryant today and there is no movement yet, so I suspect they will not be open until after the first of the year.

10. Default Re: Daiso

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I think the most expensive thing in there is like $15. What I specifically like about the store is the snack section and the bowls. They have great, cheap bowls that I really like for the low price of like $2. Think office supplies, but they all have adorable cartoon mascots. It's all cutesy stuff for the most part.

Thread Information