Widgets Magazine

Thread: Toilet Paper

Default Toilet Paper

I think people are stockpiling it again. I guess because of the dockworker's strike. SMH

Default Re: Toilet Paper

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I think people are stockpiling it again. I guess because of the dockworker's strike. SMH
    if it goes on more then about 10 days lots of things will start being effected

Isn't toilet paper made in the USA, along with bottled water?

There is a Kimberly Clark plant in Paris, TX, Georgia-Pacific also has a lot of US based paper mills. So, wouldn't toilet paper, and paper towels, be mainly on semi-trucks and not cargo ships?

I think the impact will be more in goods and consumables including fruits from South America and a lot of tech items and paper goods that come from China. I think stores like Hobby Lobby and Dollar stores that have a lot of goods shipped in from China will eventually will feel a pinch.

You are expecting the general population to think logically. I heard one of the Costcos was sold out of it today. I saw someone at Walmart putting three 30 roll packages in their cart today and the shelves were less than 1/2 full.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

There is a Kimberly Clark plant in Paris, TX, Georgia-Pacific also has a lot of US based paper mills. So, wouldn't toilet paper, and paper towels, be mainly on semi-trucks and not cargo ships?

I think the impact will be more in goods and consumables including fruits from South America and a lot of tech items and paper goods that come from China. I think stores like Hobby Lobby and Dollar stores that have a lot of goods shipped in from China will eventually will feel a pinch.
    In as much as this strike is Texas and ports east I think the goods that come from the EU, Carribean and possibly South America would be affected. China and Asian goods come in via the West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

Fioria TP is made down by the outlet mall IIRC.

Thread Information