Widgets Magazine

Thread: What radio stations do you miss?

Default What radio stations do you miss?

I remember when my favorite 96X went country. I also listened to rock on KOFM. That is where I remember first hearing Queen and We Will Rock You.

2. Default Re: What radio stations do you miss?

I miss the old KOMA, back when they used to play classic '50s through the mid-'70s. Loved the old DJ's too.

I also miss 96X and hated when it went country, especially with that 48 hours (or however long it was) of them playing "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma."

I miss the old KOFM 104.1 too.

3. Default Re: What radio stations do you miss?

94.7 The Ref

V103 (103.1) could be included, since I can only listen under certain weather conditions, when my car if pointing the right direction, and the wind is carrying the radio waves to me... or something like that. (It hardly ever comes in clear or at all in NW OKC.)

Default Re: What radio stations do you miss?

I miss the 1980s KTOK. All local talk radio. Great stuff.

I miss actual local, live, breathing person in the studio during the time you hear them, radio.

Earlier this evening in OKC, the hail storm moved through during rush hour, and you would have never known flipping through the FM stations in OKC. Driving on the freeway its easier to flip through FM stations instead of trying to pull up a local TV station radar or live stream to figure out where to go or if you need to pull over. The only weather alert over the radio I got was from 96.1 KXY repeating a weather radio alert with the robot voice and emergency tones.

I know in the past stations had the tendency to flip to the TV stations for tornado coverage, but I feel like this event could have easily been covered on radio too.

Thats why AM radios should be preserved in cars

Going way back to the late 60s maybe very early 70s is when I remember it. KWHP

https://www.facebook.com/KWHP97.7EdmondOK/

94.7 The BUZZ (KHBZ-FM). In their heyday, they were comparable to Z104.5 The EDGE (KMYZ-FM) in Tulsa. Great Alternative Rock station. But then they format flipped to become "The Brew" - basically a KATT knockoff - and the branding was an instant turnoff. I never returned as a listener after that.

Also Smooth Jazz 97.9 (KTNT-FM). Dad used to listen to them all the time right up until they flipped to Wild 97.9 (KKWD-FM) and it was a nice change of pace when I tired of pop/top40 or rock.

Thread Information