Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edmond GO Bond Task Force and Projects

Default Re: Edmond GO Bond Task Force and Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Yeah I think I saw the plans you’re talking about. if I recall correctly, it’s going to be a tight intersection. They wanted to do right turn lanes on all sides, but I don’t think they’re gonna be able to do that.
    The links for each or the projects are above in one of my last posts.

While they want turn lanes at each intersection, I believe they are prioritizing fixing the offset. I agree fixing the offset will have a much bigger impact than simply adding a turn lane.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I think Edmond city limits extend to Pennsylvania along Covell. If they're going to do a bond issue for road improvements, why would they not just finish the east/west thoroughfare all the way?
    Maybe they have pushed Edmond City limits further West but I thought Edmond City Limits ended basically halfway between Sante Fe and Western. Anything helps but it is a shame Edmond, Deer Creek and Oklahoma County can't get together and complete Covell all the way to Hwy 74. It is so badly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Maybe they have pushed Edmond City limits further West but I thought Edmond City Limits ended basically halfway between Sante Fe and Western. Anything helps but it is a shame Edmond, Deer Creek and Oklahoma County can't get together and complete Covell all the way to Hwy 74. It is so badly needed.
    maps.google.com says Edmond city limits end at Pennsylvania on Covell.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    maps.google.com says Edmond city limits end at Pennsylvania on Covell.
    this is correct just shy of Penn .. https://gis.edmondok.gov/coemapviewer/

I would rather see Waterloo widened and become the major thoroughfare to 74. I would actually prefer an interstate spur somewhere over along there, but that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I would rather see Waterloo widened and become the major thoroughfare to 74. I would actually prefer an interstate spur somewhere over along there, but that will never happen.
    both need to happen

Blog Entries

Edmond Re: Edmond GO Bond Task Force and Projects

$231 million proposal, based on the comments above ^ does Edmond have the bond capacity to up the ante to $250 million.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    From what I understand Oklahoma and Logan county are in talks to do just that. I’m not sure what they’re planning, but it’s definitely going to be a widening. They really need to build a 6 Lane Freeway N. of Waterloo connecting to State Highway 74 to I 35.

It would be nice if Waterloo got the Covell Parkway treatment where they would build a median with landscaping and turning lanes. Right now Waterloo Road is no man’s land. The amount of road rage, People just cranked out, And these rich people driving Rolls-Royce’s and high-end Mercedes And range rovers going to these new high-end developments in the mix of all that it’s just complete chaos and I love it. It’s probably one of the most funniest things I’ve seen. My family owns a few properties around Waterloo and they’ve been given notices about possible right away acquisition. But Waterloo is definitely going to be expanded to four lanes. How they will do it I have no clue.

And another thing Edmond needs to do is loop the water main east of I 35. The main coming east along Covell broke this afternoon leaving a large area without water. They need to add additional lines from Edmond rd (2nd st) to Covell and loop the water system so that only a small area if any is out of water during a main break.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    And another thing Edmond needs to do is loop the water main east of I 35. The main coming east along Covell broke this afternoon leaving a large area without water. They need to add additional lines from Edmond rd (2nd st) to Covell and loop the water system so that only a small area if any is out of water during a main break.
    Hoping this is addressed from our massive cost to just have water provided to us along with all the work being done at Arcadia.

The reason for widening Covell from I 35 to Air Depot is that at Air Depot Edmond public schools is in the process of building an elementary as well as a middle school. Air Depot south will also need widening due to school traffic.

Deer Creek area is part of unincorporated Oklahoma county. The county does not have the money. Their funding is through gas tax money the get from the state and not from county property taxes. I was just told this by the county.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Deer Creek area is part of unincorporated Oklahoma county. The county does not have the money. Their funding is through gas tax money the get from the state and not from county property taxes. I was just told this by the county.
    the county gets money from the state for road projects as well ..

14. Default Re: Edmond GO Bond Task Force and Projects

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    both need to happen
    ^^^^^

Here is the press release from the city: https://www.edmondok.gov/1911/Edmond-on-the-GO

I wonder why completing the Parkway on Kelly all the way out to Waterloo Road like it is on Kelly from 33rd Street north to Coffee Creek Road isn't on this list? That Parkway from Coffee Creek to Waterloo was supposed to be completed like a decade ago. I think the economic downturn in 08-09' was the reasoning but jeez.....Finish that project.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    I wonder why completing the Parkway on Kelly all the way out to Waterloo Road like it is on Kelly from 33rd Street north to Coffee Creek Road isn't on this list? That Parkway from Coffee Creek to Waterloo was supposed to be completed like a decade ago. I think the economic downturn in 08-09' was the reasoning but jeez.....Finish that project.
    You would think with the tournaments at Oak Tree, that stretch you mentioned as well as Waterloo and Sorghum Mill would all be on a list somewhere. I'm honestly shocked the Oak Tree residents aren't downright demanding it.

Summary of a meeting to discuss the upcoming GO bond. I assume this gets voted down next month based on the article and what little I've seen from Edmond residents. They want roads fixed, but dont really want to pay extra for them.

https://nondoc.com/2024/09/30/edmond...-park-meeting/

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    S I assume this gets voted down next month
    my guess as someone that lives in Edmond is that this will pass fairly easily

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    my guess as someone that lives in Edmond is that this will pass fairly easily
    These things tend to pass by pretty decent margins. There are a lot of very loud anti-tax people, so I thinnk online sentiment doesn't probably match reality.

Thread Information