Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: OU Football 2024 Season

Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Nothing a few more screen play calls can’t fix.

Thunder Media Day is Monday.

3. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Not defending the hire. I think we should have a proven, big time OC.
    But what plays would anyone call when the defense is in the backfield in an average of less than 2 seconds. I'm not sure Mahomes could be successful with this o-line.

Wild game so far!

Sooner Magic is alive.. we need this so bad

6. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Sooner Magic is alive.. we need this so bad
    I may not be able talk in the morning.

Unbelievable comeback, may have saved the season. Much needed week off next week.

8. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Great game. Glad I can type because I can't talk.
    Next week off and hopefully that can get a couple guys healthy. Don't write Texas as a loss. You NEVER know with Texas. Many, many times the overwhelming underdog has won the OU-UT game. Maine and South Carolina should be easily winable. Ole Miss proved to be beatable by an unranked team today. The future is not doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Great game. Glad I can type because I can't talk.
    Next week off and hopefully that can get a couple guys healthy. Don't write Texas as a loss. You NEVER know with Texas. Many, many times the overwhelming underdog has won the OU-UT game. Maine and South Carolina should be easily winable. Ole Miss proved to be beatable by an unranked team today. The future is not doom and gloom.
    Just Beat Texas or Alabama and they are in the top 12 easy. I do hope people realize though that while it was a good must win Auburn is not very good. Probably dead last in the SEC. They have already lost 3 homes games and it's not October yet. Their wins are Alabama A&M and New Mexico. They lost to CAL at home and Arkansas JS

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    Presuming we don't pull off a miracle here in the 4th it looks like Maine will be only only W left. I don't see us winning a game in the SEC this year.
    Don’t look now but…SOONER MAGIC!!

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Just Beat Texas or Alabama and they are in the top 12 easy. I do hope people realize though that while it was a good must win Auburn is not very good. Probably dead last in the SEC. They have already lost 3 homes games and it's not October yet. Their wins are Alabama A&M and New Mexico. They lost to CAL at home and Arkansas JS
    Most years it is probably safe to go with Vandy is the worst in SEC until proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Most years it is probably safe to go with Vandy is the worst in SEC until proven otherwise.
    This is very true. I think the Auburn Vanderbilt game will be for the bottom of the SEC. However Vanderbilt did beat Virginia tech and they should have beat Missouri so they may not be the worst they this year This could be their year. Did y'all watch that Georgia Alabama game. Oklahoma's got a long way to go in this conference. Long way too go

Blog Entries

Kept hearing the ABC-TV announcers mention Sooners had so key players out. Does anyone know when these
    players will be back in action; especially the wide receivers.

Blog Entries

NCAA Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Never mind

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    This is very true. I think the Auburn Vanderbilt game will be for the bottom of the SEC. However Vanderbilt did beat Virginia tech and they should have beat Missouri so they may not be the worst they this year This could be their year. Did y'all watch that Georgia Alabama game. Oklahoma's got a long way to go in this conference. Long way too go
    Mississippi State has no competition as the worst team in the SEC this year

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Mississippi State has no competition as the worst team in the SEC this year
    and they were only down 1 score to texas with 1 sec left in the 3rd Q

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    and they were only down 1 score to texas with 1 sec left in the 3rd Q
    Hahaha, so what? Vandy took Missouri to double OT in their last game and Auburn was winning with less than 9 min to go in the game against Oklahoma.
    Unlike MSU, Vandy and Auburn have outscored their opponents and each have twice as many wins as MSU.

18. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Kept hearing the ABC-TV announcers mention Sooners had so key players out. Does anyone know when these
    players will be back in action; especially the wide receivers.
    Hard to say right now... Jayden Gibson is listed as out for the season; Geirean Hatchett, Dasan McCullough, Gentry Williams, and Kendel Dolby are all listed as out for Texas. Tyler Keltner, Nic Anderson, Taylor Tatum, Deion Burks, Jalil Farooq, and Andrel Anthony are all listed as questionable for Texas.

https://www.bookmakersreview.com/nca...orns/injuries/

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    Hard to say right now... Jayden Gibson is listed as out for the season; Geirean Hatchett, Dasan McCullough, Gentry Williams, and Kendel Dolby are all listed as out for Texas. Tyler Keltner, Nic Anderson, Taylor Tatum, Deion Burks, Jalil Farooq, and Andrel Anthony are all listed as questionable for Texas.

https://www.bookmakersreview.com/nca...orns/injuries/
    hatchett and dolby are also out for the year ..

and there has not been any official status given for texas ... that doesn't come out until next Wednesday night ..

20. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    hatchett and dolby are also out for the year ..

and there has not been any official status given for texas ... that doesn't come out until next Wednesday night ..
    As long as people are betting money, there will always be sites with the latest injury news. May not be official from OU, but it answers the questions as best as can be, at this time.

I just reported exactly how it was worded on that site (no idea why there were just out instead of out for season). I even provided the link for when "you" (I knew someone would, just didn't know who) commented.

Fandual has Texas 16 and a half point favorites. Vegas is only six and a half

As long as people are betting money, there will always be sites with the latest injury news. May not be official from OU, but it answers the questions as best as can be, at this time.

I just reported exactly how it was worded on that site (no idea why there were just out instead of out for season). I even provided the link for when "you" (I knew someone would, just didn't know who) commented.
    OU has already announced Hatchett and Dolby are out for the year .. they both were already announced to have had surgery .. Per OU

Did you read the prior posts? People just pointed out that the injury news was incorrect. Betting sites absolutely do not have insider information on injuries for OU. In fact, they didn't even get the publicly available information correct.

24. Default Re: OU Football 2024 Season

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Did you read the prior posts? People just pointed out that the injury news was incorrect. Betting sites absolutely do not have insider information on injuries for OU. In fact, they didn't even get the publicly available information correct.
    Ok, other than arguing over the difference between "out" and "out for season", both still mean they will miss the UT game. Where would you suggest getting the most accurate information to answer a seemingly innocent question short of waiting until the Wednesday before the kickoff? I am sure you all would argue with the coaches if a player is 74% (questionable) and 75% (probable) to play, at this rate.

Ok, other than arguing over the difference between "out" and "out for season", both still mean they will miss the UT game. Where would you suggest getting the most accurate information to answer a seemingly innocent question short of waiting until the Wednesday before the kickoff? I am sure you all would argue with the coaches if a player is 74% (questionable) and 75% (probable) to play, at this rate.
    Team beat writers are your best source. They will know as much as anyone because, well, it’s their job. But the reality is that some injury information isn’t going to come out until coaches release it (which the SEC requires on Wednesday nights).

Thread Information