Widgets Magazine
Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20656667686970
Results 1,726 to 1,741 of 1741

Thread: Penn Square Mall

Default Re: Penn Square Mall

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    It’s okay. Did they ever update the restrooms? With the Oak across the street it’d be nice to mirror that vibe. It currently doesn’t.
    Yeah, they did update the bathrooms, it is nice

I figured A&F would’ve remodeled the space more extensively; doesn’t look too different than when Banana Republic was open. The store looks great, though, and I hope they do well.

We went to Penn Square mall today just to eat at the food court because we were in the area. We got there a little after 4:00 so less than 2 hours before they close on Sunday. We haven't been there since before Covid. The place was packed with people. Parking lot on the south side practically full. We've been to Quail Springs Mall several times just this year and it is nowhere near as busy. I'd even say practically dead compared to PSM. I did notice that most people there were pretty young compared to me and my wife.

^

That food court in particular is not only full of desirable places to eat, but seemingly always busy.

I like the Japanese place Sarku and I am always behind 10 orders or so, although they are very fast in their prep.

I thought I had heard that Malls were dying. Apparently not this one. The whole mall was busy, not just the food court. And such a young crowd not just hanging out but shopping in the stores from what we saw. I had Charley's. The food is always hot and fresh there. My wife had Panda Express. She did say the Chinese food at Quail is better than PE at PSM.

Pottery Barn is a big store to replace. I wonder if they have a tenant on the waiting list for that spac already lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I thought I had heard that Malls were dying. Apparently not this one. The whole mall was busy, not just the food court. And such a young crowd not just hanging out but shopping in the stores from what we saw. I had Charley's. The food is always hot and fresh there. My wife had Panda Express. She did say the Chinese food at Quail is better than PE at PSM.
    I mean, typical shopping malls are dying. Penn Square Mall is the last primarily retail one standing in OKC. Crossroads had a slow painful death, and Quail Springs Mall essentially had to reinvent itself as more of an entertainment and lifestyle center in addition to the remaining retail it retains. Quail Springs had an opportunity to be the "it" mall around the turn of the century, but there has been little investment by its various owners since the last major renovation when AMC was added in late 1998. Other than the retail mix it has added (H&M, Round One, Blue Zoo, Von Maur, the common areas of the mall look like they did 20 or so years ago.

In a market like OKC and smaller, it seems that each metro can support one traditional mall, Tulsa has Woodland Hills, Wichita has Towne East, etc. All of these have one thing in common, Simon Property Group, which tends to be the "higher end" shopping mall in the market and has destination stores in addition to the traditional anchors.

Burger King has filed to take space in the food court currently occupied by Neighborhood News and Freshen's Yogurt.

What a waste of space. You can eat Burger King anywhere. The mall should have unique food. I'll say the same for Popeyes too. I won't include Chick Fil A because there was a time when they were only in malls with no stand alone locations.

What a waste of space. You can eat Burger King anywhere. The mall should have unique food. I'll say the same for Popeyes too. I won't include Chick Fil A because there was a time when they were only in malls with no stand alone locations.
    Haha, what? Mall food courts are for quick eating. That's it. Lolol. 99.99% of food courts in malls have the same 6 or 7 restaurants, or types of restaurants.

I can't think of a better place for a fast food restaurant to be in a mall food court.

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    Haha, what? Mall food courts are for quick eating. That's it. Lolol. 99.99% of food courts in malls have the same 6 or 7 restaurants, or types of restaurants.
    And they are typically not places you can drive anywhere else in town and eat except at the mall. Sorry it's my opinion. Enjoy your Whopper at the mall.

And they are typically not places you can drive anywhere else in town and eat except at the mall. Sorry it's my opinion. Enjoy your Whopper at the mall.
    And you're entitled to your wrong opinion not based on anything but your expectations. Not facts, but feelings. Lol

Frozen Yogurt place didn't last very long, that was where Subway used to be. Very interesting to see Burger King move in when as a whole they are on a decline. There's no burger specific place currently in the mall, so maybe that will be enough for them to get some favorable market share.

15. Default Re: Penn Square Mall

In my opinion, mall food courts should be primarily fast food, up to causal fast (like Q'doba). Malls may have nice restaurants in other areas typically with direct access from the outside, though (not a requirement). The food court is for those shopping at the mall to grab a quick bite, not for a 1.5 hour lunch (wastes shopping time)... who wants to eat a steak in open seating like that? This view may be from growing up with the nearest mall over an hour away, though... but even now, I don't go to the mall to eat, I go there because I need something and the food court is convenient with options for everyone (typically). Plus, you can get waffles fries from CFA, a taco from Taco Bell, and a slice of pizza from Sbarro's all for one meal (or whatever foods)!

It's not that it shouldn't be fast food but which fast food. And we will go to malls just to eat at the food court with no intention to shop any stores. Because there are food brands there not anywhere else in town.

Thread Information