Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walk-On's

Multiple Locations Walk-On's

Coming to OKC, Norman, Stillwater, and Tulsa.

Started in Baton Rouge, LA, the original location is off of the LSU campus "in the shadows of Tiger Stadium."

https://walk-ons.com/franchising/where-were-going

Default Re: Walk-On's Bistreaux & Bar website lists 4 new OK franchise locations, "coming soo

When it rains, it pours Cajun restaurants

Default Re: Walk-On's Bistreaux & Bar website lists 4 new OK franchise locations, "coming soo

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    If the franchise is the same quality of the original, would easily be the best Cajun-food in the OKC metro, hand's down.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jbraua View Post
    If the franchise is the same quality of the original, would easily be the best Cajun-food in the OKC metro, hand's down.
    Was about to post the same thing.

Good news. Stillwater could use a new place to eat that isn't mainly about chicken. If it's located downtown, that would be nice. Downtown needs to look like it's doing better.

Saw that Drew Brees is one of the first investors and partners.

If a Cajun chain from LA can retain the original quality through this massive franchise growth, no doubt that they would challenge a majority of the existing Cajun restaurants here as most are mediocre as best. Hard to tell where the OKC location will be but the site has it at the Century Center. I imagine that is a placeholder but the Tulsa, Norman and Stillwater locations all look like realistic options.

https://walk-ons.com/franchising/where-were-going

Yay! We've been underwhelmed by almost any Cajun-styled restaurant here (can't remember all we've eaten at, but a half-dozen at least, Pearl's, Crabtown, C'est Si Bon, Cajun King, etc.), and only Brielle's Bistro has managed to be the one we want to go back to (or Magnolia, if their hours expand). Have yet to eat at Cajun Corner, though, waiting on their 23rd St. location to open.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    this is really much more a sports bar ...

Default Re: Walk-On's

I think there's a reason you cant find good cajun food - It does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbird View Post
    I think there's a reason you cant find good cajun food - It does not exist.
    I take it you've never eaten in south Louisiana?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    this is really much more a sports bar ...
    Oh well, not yay, probably won't be going there then (I'm one of the few guys here in OK that has pretty much no interest in any sport whatsoever or patronizing any place that focuses on them).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Oh well, not yay, probably won't be going there then (I'm one of the few guys here in OK that has pretty much no interest in any sport whatsoever or patronizing any place that focuses on them).
    So you don't go to any restaurant that put sports on screens?

So you don't go to any restaurant that put sports on screens?
    No, not really. We don't like to go to restaurants that have multiple TVs, no matter what they're showing. When we're in a restaurant and they have a TV that's on, it's fine, but other than that, nope.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    No, not really. We don't like to go to restaurants that have multiple TVs, no matter what they're showing. When we're in a restaurant and they have a TV that's on, it's fine, but other than that, nope.
    Based on your food post history, you seem hard as hell to please. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Based on your food post history, you seem hard as hell to please. lol
    Why? Just because I like to enjoy eating out without TVs being distracting (even with the sound off, they drag people's eyes to them), don't like to eat crappy food or at places that don't have their sh*t together or substandard Cajun food (we've eaten at tons of places in NOLA and not much here measures up, to bolster that specific claim)? We eat out once or twice weekly at tons of restaurants, but we don't have the money to eat out every night of the week, so we try to minimize the crap food experiences and maximize and patronize the good ones. Want me to post the places I have gone to and continue to go to so you can see if that makes me "hard to please"? And yes, I keep a list because there are so many new places we have yet to try and don't want them to fall through the cracks.

I take it you've never eaten in south Louisiana?
    its Not that, it just not my thing really.

norman location to open in 2021 according to this

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...be8c16fb9.html

Anybody know where they will be located in Norman?

19. Default Re: Walk-On's

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    norman location to open in 2021 according to this

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...be8c16fb9.html
    That article is 6 months old. I hope they are still planning on coming to Norman, but I don't see how they can hope to open in 2021 if nothing has been announced by now. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Anybody know where they will be located in Norman?
    not sure, but if you go to the walk on's website, https://walk-ons.com/franchising/where-were-going

they list having franchises sold in Norman, OKC, Stillwater, and Tulsa

I just realized that this is the place I ate at in West Monroe, LA. It is like a Buffalo Wilds sports bar theme with cajun food instead of wings. It was really good. Granted it was late and we had been working on opening our new cigar shop all day so were tired and hungry.

The tables in the bar area had 4 beer taps built into each table to help yourself. I could see this working in Norman or anywhere else that a BWW would work

We have one in Amarillo. It’s not bad and it’s always crazy busy.

Looks like they entered into an NIL deal with an OU player. Any news on them coming into the market?

Any details on which player?

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Any details on which player?
    I thought it was all of the walk-ons?

Thread Information