Widgets Magazine
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 363738394041
Results 1,001 to 1,015 of 1015

Thread: OKC Real Estate Market

Default Re: OKC Real Estate Market

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It seems like the prices are still high on houses. Even basic houses in the central core of the city are listing for $180-$200/sf. Is that just the new normal or do you think the market will start to correct itself?
    We are experiencing a correction in real time right now, prices are off the all-time high from a couple months ago. I think it's more than likely short lived- maybe into early next year. Lot of people watching the Fed & rates and also the election. We are already seeing some rates in the 5's and when they go down a touch more I think it will be a different story again. 2025 as it looks now should be huge year for real estate. We have several years of pent up demand.

It seems like the prices are still high on houses. Even basic houses in the central core of the city are listing for $180-$200/sf. Is that just the new normal or do you think the market will start to correct itself?
    if rates drop any appreciable amount prices will go up ..

3. Default Re: OKC Real Estate Market

Quote Originally Posted by OKCRealtor View Post
    It's a buyers market all a sudden, have seen some serious concessions & price reductions. More favorable conditions than prior to Covid. When we look back at this point in the near future it's going to look like a great time.
    Now to get the interest rates back down...

I'm getting flooded with letters wanting me to refinance below 5%

Homes in my neighborhood are staying on the market longer and while there are usually concessions, we still see record $/SF closings.

Real estate always, always goes up in the mid- and longer-term. There can be short-term fluctuations but those waiting on the sidelines hoping prices will drop are just making it harder on themselves. You can always refi if/when rates drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Homes in my neighborhood are staying on the market longer and while there are usually concessions, we still see record $/SF closings.

Real estate always, always goes up in the mid- and longer-term. There can be short-term fluctuations but those waiting on the sidelines hoping prices will drop are just making it harder on themselves. You can always refi if/when rates drop.
    Pretty much-this is not a time time to be on the sidelines. It's actually a time to buy and walk into instant equity. Prices overall are still near record highs but the net price when it's all said and done maybe 20-30k difference there which is huge. It's opposite of what we had 2-3 years ago paying 20-30k or more over.

As soon as these rates drop a little more and people realize it doesn't matter who wins the election it should be game on again.

^

Besides small and very short-term fluctuations, home prices are always at record highs.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonjock View Post
    I'm getting flooded with letters wanting me to refinance below 5%
    We bought our house in January of this year at 7% on a 30 year mortgage and paid 20% down (to avoid PMI). I spoke with mortgage broker last week who said we could refi at 5.85% on a 20 year, but the closing costs would still be $5,000. We are not wanting to do this again in a year or two, so we are going to wait until the rates get down to high 4's, low 5's. That also means commercial real estate rates will be in the mid to high 5's, which make it better for people borrowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Besides small and very short-term fluctuations, home prices are always at record highs.
    Is this true or is this a California mindset? On the other hand we have printed a lot of dollars in the past few years so this will probably be the case going forward.

10. Default Re: OKC Real Estate Market

Quote Originally Posted by Canoe View Post
    Is this true or is this a California mindset? On the other hand we have printed a lot of dollars in the past few years so this will probably be the case going forward.
    Housing has always gone up. Maybe 2008 the crash knocked prices down a bit but they kept going up after. My house purchased in 2013 has had a 82% increase in value as of this year. I have done 0 major renovations.

I would not at all be surprised to see housing in OKC 10-15% higher by this time next year. It might not seem like it but the market is down and we're at an inflection point here.

If interest rates continue to fall, I see a lot of pent up demand. Of course, my mantra being if we could land some huge corporate jobs, it will push the local real estate market to a new level!

Ok, Ok realtor and others, what do you see going forward the market for acreage properties close in as in Edmond. I am asking in the 5 to 20 ac range. What do you see as the demand as well as prices going? Where do you think the market will be next spring? Anyone have some educated guesses? thanks.

We bought our house in January of this year at 7% on a 30 year mortgage and paid 20% down (to avoid PMI). I spoke with mortgage broker last week who said we could refi at 5.85% on a 20 year, but the closing costs would still be $5,000. We are not wanting to do this again in a year or two, so we are going to wait until the rates get down to high 4's, low 5's. That also means commercial real estate rates will be in the mid to high 5's, which make it better for people borrowing.
    Assuming you don't have any prohibitions on refinancing now, if I were you, I'd pull the paperwork from your last closing and then reach out to the title company that closed you and see if they could approximate the costs if you were to refinance and run through them - ask them what they could discount in comparison to your previous closing costs. From there, you could call around to a few banks and see if they can quote a rate/points + origination fee(s) for you and see if that + your title company's estimates works for you.

Even if you end up waiting it's not bad to have a few bankers chasing you for the next year for when the rate drops to what you're really looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Ok, Ok realtor and others, what do you see going forward the market for acreage properties close in as in Edmond. I am asking in the 5 to 20 ac range. What do you see as the demand as well as prices going? Where do you think the market will be next spring? Anyone have some educated guesses? thanks.
    At any time between now and the future you could sell the property and make a nice profit. If the Realtors are to be believed the longer you keep the more, it will go up in nominal terms.

Thread Information