Widgets Magazine
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1055

Thread: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They raise it from investors.
    So it would become a full on movie studio facility with backlots and such?

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Oklahoma City Council approves development agreement for new Thunder basketball arena: https://www.kosu.org/local-news/2024...sketball-arena

I would prefer they go BOLD on the design - like the LA Clippers' Intuit Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Bali_Sooner View Post
    I like these renderings of this proposal for the 76ers. https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...-philadelphia/

With some sort of transit center embedded for the future commuter rail and BRTs

5. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by Bali_Sooner View Post
    That’s not exactly in the $1.5B budget. It will be nice, but i wouldn’t expect it to to be anything particularly iconic given what things like this cost these days

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    I like these renderings of this proposal for the 76ers. https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia...-philadelphia/

With some sort of transit center embedded for the future commuter rail and BRTs
    Sounds familiar.

Philadelphia is asking the state to chip in some funds for their proposed venue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Sounds familiar.

Philadelphia is asking the state to chip in some funds for their proposed venue.
    With threats to move the team to New Jersey
    https://www.roi-nj.com/2024/09/12/re...s-spectacular/

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    With threats to move the team to New Jersey
    https://www.roi-nj.com/2024/09/12/re...s-spectacular/
    Who is also offering a crap-ton of money to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Sounds familiar.

the new jersey package will be 1.3 billion

10. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    That’s not exactly in the $1.5B budget. It will be nice, but i wouldn’t expect it to to be anything particularly iconic given what things like this cost these days
    Steve Ballmer is the richest owner in all of sports in the US. They have the best because he put up 2 billion. I am guessing our owners probably rank pretty low in net worth. (not an excuse for how much the put forward to fund the new arena.)

Tulsa's BOK arena is bold and not that expensive. It should symbolize OKC's emergence, modernization...all that good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Steve Ballmer is the richest owner in all of sports in the US. They have the best because he put up 2 billion. I am guessing our owners probably rank pretty low in net worth. (not an excuse for how much the put forward to fund the new arena.)
    OKC ownership group has one of the highest collective net worth's in the NBA (that is counting people that are actual ownership partners not people that own 1-5 % of a team) ..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    OKC ownership group has one of the highest collective net worth's in the NBA (that is counting people that are actual ownership partners not people that own 1-5 % of a team) ..
    They aren't even in the top ten wealthiest and I doubt they are in the top 20 or 25.

The team is the 24th most valuable. Clipper's value is 50% greater than the Thunder. Shall we go on?

Balmer worth $126 BILLION. Clay Bennet worth $400 MILLION, Kaiser $14 Billion, McClendon estate net worth $500 Million. So Balmer by himself is 10 times as wealthy as the three principal owners of the Thunder.

Clipper annual revenue 2023 = $425 million. OKC = $267 million.

LA metro population - 12,598,000 OKC = 1,477,926

Average family income in LA = $124,272. OKC = $88,664

Avg ticket Clippers = $262 OKC = $148

Any way you count it, there is no way you can compare the Clippers and what they can afford to do to OKC. Not even in the same territory.

Blog Entries

^ ^ ^

Impressive post, Rover!

15. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    They aren't even in the top ten wealthiest and I doubt they are in the top 20 or 25.

The team is the 24th most valuable. Clipper's value is 50% greater than the Thunder. Shall we go on?

Balmer worth $126 BILLION. Clay Bennet worth $400 MILLION, Kaiser $14 Billion, McClendon estate net worth $500 Million. So Balmer by himself is 10 times as wealthy as the three principal owners of the Thunder.

Clipper annual revenue 2023 = $425 million. OKC = $267 million.

LA metro population - 12,598,000 OKC = 1,477,926

Average family income in LA = $124,272. OKC = $88,664

Avg ticket Clippers = $262 OKC = $148

Any way you count it, there is no way you can compare the Clippers and what they can afford to do to OKC. Not even in the same territory.
    You didn't mention Jeff Records. I guarantee you he is worth more than Bennet and the McClendon estate.

nm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    You didn't mention Jeff Records. I guarantee you he is worth more than Bennet and the McClendon estate.
    Lol. Even adding him in at $1 billion doesn't move the needle vs Balmer. What’s your point? Add in the other peripheral owners and you are still $100 BILLION short.

18. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Lol. Even adding him in at $1 billion doesn't move the needle vs Balmer. What’s your point? Add in the other peripheral owners and you are still $100 BILLION short.
    Just pointing out that you left out OKC's 2nd wealthiest owner and Boulder was comparing OKC's ownership group to the entire NBA, not Balmer. Everyone in the NBA pales in comparison to Balmer.

Blog Entries

Just pointing out that you left out OKC's 2nd wealthiest owner and Boulder was comparing OKC's ownership group to the entire NBA, not Balmer. Everyone in the NBA pales in comparison to Balmer.
    It looked like the discussion was about comparing the new Clippers arena to what OKC should do.
    Besides, the OKC owners are not considered among the wealthiest in the NBA… individually or as a group.

this is exactly correct .. i was answering to a post that said OKC ownership ranked pretty low...

not one is near balmer ..

and Bennet net worth is much much higher than 500 mil ..

I don't believe that the mcclendon estate still has a stake in the thunder ..

records howard camerson and dobson are all very very likely to be billionaires ..

21. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    records howard camerson and dobson are all very very likely to be billionaires ..
    Jeff Records is definitely a billionaire. Midfirst Bank is the largest privately-owned bank in the United States and has almost $4 billion in equity. I believe he is the sole owner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Jeff Records is definitely a billionaire. Midfirst Bank is the largest privately-owned bank in the United States and has almost $4 billion in equity. I believe he is the sole owner.
    These are the Oklahomans Forbes lists as Oklahoma billionaires:

Harold Hamm
    George Kaiser
    David Green & family
    Judy Love & family
    Lynn Schusterman & family
    Chad Richison.

The wealthiest Oklahoman ranks 102nd.

ALL the wealth of the OK billionaires is listed at $63.1 billion which is right at 50% of the wealth of Balmer alone. And all OK billionaires are not owners of the Thunder. So this thinking that the Thunder is somehow financially the same as the Clippers doesn’t wash. To think the OKC market is the same as LA doesn’t wash. We can dream, but we shouldn’t hallucinate.

23. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

These are the Oklahomans Forbes lists as Oklahoma billionaires:

Harold Hamm
    George Kaiser
    David Green & family
    Judy Love & family
    Lynn Schusterman & family
    Chad Richison.

The wealthiest Oklahoman ranks 102nd.

ALL the wealth of the OK billionaires is listed at $63.1 billion which is right at 50% of the wealth of Balmer alone. And all OK billionaires are not owners of the Thunder. So this thinking that the Thunder is somehow financially the same as the Clippers doesn’t wash. To think the OKC market is the same as LA doesn’t wash. We can dream, but we shouldn’t hallucinate.
    Interesting. Maybe other members of the Records family own MidFirst Bank and the value of that entity is split between them.

I'm not suggesting Thunder wealth is in the same ZIP code as Ballmer. No teams is. I will say Oklahoma has many people with wealth, and have zero desire for anyone to know how much they are worth. And they are very good at keeping a low profile. Bob Howard is one of them.

25. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

I'm finding I'm having mixed emotions now that there's official word on the demo of the Myriad (it will always be the Myriad to me).

My high school graduation was there, saw lots of Blazers games, rodeos, concerts, meetings, etc. I'm a bit sad because of what it represented with MAPs. It's own realization (paint job included) signaled the start of change. It was the start of life coming back downtown with all the MAPs programs, even before the arena was started.

Thread Information