Widgets Magazine
Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 555100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 2631

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

While the new name isn't bad, I wish we weren't changing it. We definitely needed some modernization of the logo, but I didn't see anything wrong with the Will Rogers World Airport name... and in fact I liked that it was rather unique. Just like how we were once unique in having the only state capital building without a dome. Eh, it is what it is though, and we could've done a lot worse!

2. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    While the new name isn't bad, I wish we weren't changing it. We definitely needed some modernization of the logo, but I didn't see anything wrong with the Will Rogers World Airport name... and in fact I liked that it was rather unique. Just like how we were once unique in having the only state capital building without a dome. Eh, it is what it is though, and we could've done a lot worse!
    I thought I was the only one that liked the word "World" in the name and thought it was unique. You know, it really encompasses the whole international concept lol

A new OKC website is scheduled to roll out in November with "the new brand colors, the new wordmark of the name and other brand elements," Hamm said.
    Thank god

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    I thought I was the only one that liked the word "World" in the name and thought it was unique. You know, it really encompasses the whole international concept lol
    yeah same. Changing it to international was pretty unnecessary and took away any uniqueness to it.

I thought World Airport was really unique and cool. I think International is a downgrade.

I like the word World too but I think international is better since most airports are branded international it would people from other countries similar to how the word taxi is universally used around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I like the word World too but I think international is better since most airports are branded international it would people from other countries similar to how the word taxi is universally used around the world.
    That’s what everyone else is saying. They like “World” because it’s unique, versus international which is slapped on every commercial airport. Also, if someone from another country picks Oklahoma City to travel to because the airport is marketed as an international airport instead of a world airport, they’re going to be in for quite a culture shock.

8. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

? Im not following.

If most airports are called International, then why would someone from another country be shocked just at OKC being called Int'l.? And, unlike most "International" branded airports in this country - OKC will soon have international nonstop flights. So, Im not following why someone would have a shock that OKC is named International. To me, World is the shocker - especially since at least the late 1970s OKC had no scheduled flights outside of the US.

Really, World should apply to the world hubs, International just means literally to other countries (which could just be Mexico and/or Canada). How many airports branded as International, have regularly scheduled flights to other countries? Not many, but OKC will be one of them soon.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

This is the second or third time I have read someone definitively writing that there "will be international flights soon." I am very curious about this, and what the poster might know that others might not. The only thing I have read is that the airport is working on these flights, that it is a goal to have them, but if something has been confirmed, that would certainly be great information.

10. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

all speculation at this point. If I had to bet my money it would be a seasonal 2x weekly to Cancun with either Frontier, Southwest, or AA.

11. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

That's still scheduled international flights, whether it's daily, twice or more daily, or a few times weekly, seasonal.

And, it is reported the airport is courting 2 airlines for Cancun and other Mexico routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    all speculation at this point. If I had to bet my money it would be a seasonal 2x weekly to Cancun with either Frontier, Southwest, or AA.
    I don't see Southwest or AA doing P2P international flights from OKC. When was the last time Southwest even added a domestic route from OKC?? Frontier is probably the highest likelihood but the only city smaller than OKC that they currently serve from Cancun is MFE (McAllen TX). The only cities smaller than OKC currently served from Cancun are Harlingen (Sun Country) and New Orleans (Spirit). I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    I don't see Southwest or AA doing P2P international flights from OKC. When was the last time Southwest even added a domestic route from OKC?? Frontier is probably the highest likelihood but the only city smaller than OKC that they currently serve from Cancun is MFE (McAllen TX). The only cities smaller than OKC currently served from Cancun are Harlingen (Sun Country) and New Orleans (Spirit). I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Southwest has a lot of flights to that area of Mexico. I think they could easily make one work a couple days a week.

14. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I don't disagree with you. I think Frontier is probaby the most likely since their operations costs are lower than the others, it might be easier for OKC to throw them a subsidy.

That being said, if you look at AA and SWA from Cancun, they serve a handful of cities that I wouldn't call hubs or ever focus cities within their network. Just interesting and not totally crazy it wouldn't be either one of those.

AA
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	570.8 KB 
ID:	19155

SWA
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swa.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	505.4 KB 
ID:	19156

I think a better chance would've been if Allegiant were allowed to merge with VivaAerobus. That could've opened up a lot more routes from secondary U.S. airports to places like Cancun and Cabo San Lucas. Flight times from OKC to CUN and SJD would be around 2.45 hours

Frontier is probably the highest likelihood but the only city smaller than OKC that they currently serve from Cancun is MFE (McAllen TX).
    Frontier doesn't actually fly that route. They are partnered with Volaris and they are the ones operating that flight. All of Frontier's international flights go through a relatively large hub so I don't see it happening at all regardless of the subsidy they try to give them. They only fly to DEN and LAS from OKC so I would be shocked if they would add an international route before another domestic one.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    That's still scheduled international flights, whether it's daily, twice or more daily, or a few times weekly, seasonal.

And, it is reported the airport is courting 2 airlines for Cancun and other Mexico routes.
    what’s been scheduled? There aren’t even planned international flights here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    what’s been scheduled? There aren’t even planned international flights here yet.
    Honestly, if we are looking to subsidy someone to go international, why not bring an entierly new airline! Avelo would be a great fit! They are expanding at a breakneck pace, prefer servicing small and mid-size airports like us and they fly to Cancun as well! Would also love to have another non stop to Florida and California. I still find it amazing the only non stop we have to California, THE biggest state in the nation is a little plane on American!

Can someone please contact the airport authority and throw the idea at them, I think it would stick! They don’t have a big presence in our region and are headquartered in Houston.

19. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

nothing's been scheduled yet. It's all planning. (my post you're referring to was in response to someone, not that OKC has scheduled Int'l service yet, hence my second sentence).

I'd bet the city would get at least one international airline, maybe two, considering the routes would be more than just tourist. We'll have to see how it all shakes out in the next few months, anything now is speculation.

Blog Entries

I40Meridian Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Oklahoma City airport, AAA baseball and USL soccer teams have decided to rebrand.

OKC Will Rogers International Airport

One down and two to go . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Oklahoma City airport, AAA baseball and USL soccer teams have decided to rebrand.

One down and two to go . . .
    to be clear USL team has not decided to rebrand .... they are looking into that possibility ..

Hopefully we get a least a couple of international flights.

With World Airport, it was a funny joke that we somehow still have a 'World' airport that doesn't go anywhere outside the US.

Its just sad when our airport is an international, but doesn't has international flights. The joke is somehow less funny.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Hopefully we get a least a couple of international flights.

With World Airport, it was a funny joke that we somehow still have a 'World' airport that doesn't go anywhere outside the US.

Its just sad when our airport is an international, but doesn't has international flights. The joke is somehow less funny.
    I mean, there are probably 20 international airports in the US that don't have them. Not as uncommon as you think. Lol

Any shot Allegiant comes back after they get all their problems worked out and they start flights to Cancun.

Thread Information