Widgets Magazine
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12575859606162
Results 1,526 to 1,549 of 1549

Thread: OnCue OKC Expansion

Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here is a quick list of the newly completed, under construction, and planned OnCue locations:

If it is Covell and Coltrane, is it going where that walmart was supposed to go in?

I Wonder when they will enter the DFW Market

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    I Wonder when they will enter the DFW Market
    OnCue has one location in Houston, Texas, on the east side that opened around 2021. They haven't expanded any more in that market.

As for DFW, it's saturated with QT, 7-11, and RaceTrac, it would be a hard market to break into.

13th & Classen:

when you are driving north on Classen, this thing looks huge from a level angle. It is definitely taking up every inch of the block

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here is a quick list of the newly completed, under construction, and planned OnCue locations:

Hold up. There’s already an OnCue at 164th & Portland and they’re planning one at 178th & Portland and also 192nd & Portland? 3 locations within 3 miles of each other on the exact same road?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Hold up. There’s already an OnCue at 164th & Portland and they’re planning one at 178th & Portland and also 192nd & Portland? 3 locations within 3 miles of each other on the exact same road?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Got to get that Edmond traffic going to and from work.

Oh I know, that's part of my commute, just seems like a lot in a little area. One at 192nd makes sense as there's a lot of development north of there, but I'm not sure if there's enough around 178th alone to justify that one. But, OnCue clearly does their research, so who am I to judge.

The two stores will be on the east side of the highway, while the existing location is on the west.

It's similar to what they did on NW Expressway.

I am honestly a bit surprised that they aren’t just building one further north of NW 192nd along SH-74. Something like 164th, 192nd, 220th as opposed to 164th, 178th, 192nd. But probably 3-5 years down the line, they’ll just build a fourth one further to the north lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I am honestly a bit surprised that they aren’t just building one further north of NW 192nd along SH-74. Something like 164th, 192nd, 220th as opposed to 164th, 178th, 192nd. But probably 3-5 years down the line, they’ll just build a fourth one further to the north lol.
    If it matters, OKC City Limits end at 192nd and Portland. There is a little notch that is filling in with subdivision houses just north of 192nd between May and Portland.

As for the three locations at each mile, I imagine they will be just fine as everyone has a different traffic route routine to get to and from work. I imagine the 164th and Portland store will see it's biggest boom in the morning with cars going southbound, and that location is huge, even by OnCue standards as essentially everyone who travels Hefner Parkway northbound has to stop at 164th where the freeway ends.

The other two on the east side will pull in from Rose Creek, The Grove, Castleberry, and Valencia neighborhoods. With the Grove Elementary school near the 192nd location, I imagine that location will appreciate the morning and car pool line drop off parents. The 178th location would probably be integrated into The Grove Marketplace, which will pull in shoppers from Piedmont, Cashion, Crescent, and west Guthrie.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    everyone who travels Hefner Parkway northbound has to stop at 164th where the freeway ends..
    the 74 bridge over 164th is scheduled for 2028 so it won't stay that way for long

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    As for DFW, it's saturated with QT, 7-11, and RaceTrac, it would be a hard market to break into.
    I don't think it would be. OnCue would be popular anywhere they open IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Coltrane and Covell? Are you sure it isn’t Coltrane and Danforth? Because that’s what I heard.
    Same. Maybe it’s both. I know someone (heard oncue) has purchased that corner on the south east corner. The developers plan diagram shows building that looks just like an oncue with the covering.

I was in the area near The Oak recently and drove down the NW Expressway to encounter a huge traffic boondoggle trying to get in and out of OnCue at Blackwelder. I’ve fought it before and have wondered if they will ever fix that intersection, some way, so that the traffic flow in and out of OnCue and Scooters is improved. It is a mess. Anyone know of any plans to address this?

17. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    I was in the area near The Oak recently and drove down the NW Expressway to encounter a huge traffic boondoggle trying to get in and out of OnCue at Blackwelder. I’ve fought it before and have wondered if they will ever fix that intersection, some way, so that the traffic flow in and out of OnCue and Scooters is improved. It is a mess. Anyone know of any plans to address this?
    It is a mess. This is the closest location to me, and I use it weekly. It is rare I get in and out without any problems with traffic. They need to widen the road a little bit at the intersection to make turn lanes for exiting traffic. A lane for left and a lane for right.

It's interesting that location has such an issue with traffic and the location at 39th and Portland is almost the exact same layout (behind a side street, off a major thorough fare) and I never have an issue getting out of that one. Whenever I go to the Blackwelder location, I always end up turning right and going to Classen instead of the other way.

The only advice I can give to anyone going there is to drive to the back of the oncue to take a left out on Blackwelder instead of trying to work in with people going to and from Scooter's.

19. Default Re: OnCue OKC Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    It's interesting that location has such an issue with traffic and the location at 39th and Portland is almost the exact same layout (behind a side street, off a major thorough fare) and I never have an issue getting out of that one. Whenever I go to the Blackwelder location, I always end up turning right and going to Classen instead of the other way.

The only advice I can give to anyone going there is to drive to the back of the oncue to take a left out on Blackwelder instead of trying to work in with people going to and from Scooter's.
    I think the 39th and Portland light actually works better since there is heavy traffic coming from the other side where Winco is. The light takes forever at the Classen one.

I don the same exact thing you describe. I live in Putnam Heights, so I never use that light, I go to the back entrance and take a right towards the neighborhood. Makes my life easy.

No expansion related but not sure where to put it. If you use the Fuel Forward App to get your gas at OnCue, they are giving an extra 10 cents off per gallon in addition to the 5 cents you already get. Today only and up to 30 gallons. They did this on July 4th also.

I use my Sams Master Card for all gas purchases. You get 5% cash back on all gas purchases anywhere you buy gas. On a $3.00/gal gas price that is 15 cents per gallon. And a lot of the gas I buy is more than $3/gal so the cash back is more than .15/gal. But I swipe my On Cue rewards card first and earn points to redeem in the On Cue store. I only buy gas at On Cue unless I an out of town and have to buy somewhere else which is extremely rare for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I use my Sams Master Card for all gas purchases. You get 5% cash back on all gas purchases anywhere you buy gas. On a $3.00/gal gas price that is 15 cents per gallon. And a lot of the gas I buy is more than $3/gal so the cash back is more than .15/gal. But I swipe my On Cue rewards card first and earn points to redeem in the On Cue store. I only buy gas at On Cue unless I an out of town and have to buy somewhere else which is extremely rare for me.
    The fuel forward app charges to your credit card so wonder if you can double dip? I charge to a credit card so I still get those points also.

Is the Fuel Forward different from the OnCue app?

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Is the Fuel Forward different from the OnCue app?
    Yes, it is a separate app and supports Phillips 66, Conoco and 76 gas stations.

Thread Information