Widgets Magazine

Thread: OG&E Insulation Rebate

Default OG&E Insulation Rebate

Has anyone applied for an OG&E rebate after adding house insulation? I recently had USA Insulation upgrade my barely R-12 and is some parts of the attic even less to R-49 whole house. They had me print the form from OG&E and fill out my part and they took the form and said they would fill out the contractor part and send it in. I was wondering if anyone else has applied for this rebate and how much did you get and how long did it take. I had it done on Aug 9 and I called OG&E yesterday and so far they have no record of it in their system but told me to give it some more time.

Default Re: OG&E Insulation Rebate

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Has anyone applied for an OG&E rebate after adding house insulation? I recently had USA Insulation upgrade my barely R-12 and is some parts of the attic even less to R-49 whole house. They had me print the form from OG&E and fill out my part and they took the form and said they would fill out the contractor part and send it in. I was wondering if anyone else has applied for this rebate and how much did you get and how long did it take. I had it done on Aug 9 and I called OG&E yesterday and so far they have no record of it in their system but told me to give it some more time.
    they are slow with all of that stuff. took a while for them to pay out the rebates on 3 nest thermostats.

was USA insulation pretty reasonable? i was thinking about renting one of the blow-in machines b/c my hvac crowd was really trying to give me a big number.

They were the only ones I got a quote from so I can't say if they were reasonable or not. Their reviews were great and the 3 young men that came out were very professional.
    Going to R-49 is a lot of insulation and they used fiberglass, not rock wool. They also installed batt insulation on the ends of the house which were just bare wood and soffit vent deflectors on all the soffit vents. It was $5000 for a 2100 sq ft house. If you rent a machine you need to get a full body suit with eye protection and a respirator. The two guys that went in the attic were all suited up and you have to have another person feeding the machine. Also I have a very long house and it took about 150 ft of hose to reach the back of the house from the machine through the attic access. I check my daily electric usage with OG&E Energy Insights and my usage is gown 25-30% compared to comparable weather days of 90 degrees and above before the insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    They were the only ones I got a quote from so I can't say if they were reasonable or not. Their reviews were great and the 3 young men that came out were very professional.
    Going to R-49 is a lot of insulation and they used fiberglass, not rock wool. They also installed batt insulation on the ends of the house which were just bare wood and soffit vent deflectors on all the soffit vents. It was $5000 for a 2100 sq ft house. If you rent a machine you need to get a full body suit with eye protection and a respirator. The two guys that went in the attic were all suited up and you have to have another person feeding the machine. Also I have a very long house and it took about 150 ft of hose to reach the back of the house from the machine through the attic access. I check my daily electric usage with OG&E Energy Insights and my usage is gown 25-30% compared to comparable weather days of 90 degrees and above before the insulation.
    Pardon my ignorance, but how does that work? You paid the $5K up front and OGE eventually reimbursed you that amount in a rebate?

The estimator for USA Insulation told me about it. He said to go to OG&Es web site and print the rebate form. I filled out the top half and when the installers were through I gave them a check and the form to take back to their office. They filled out the contractors part of the form and sent it to OG&E. I assumed they did. The form said I could be eligible for anywhere from a $100 to $500 rebate depending on funds availability. That's all I know. Don't know what if any I will get or how it is paid out. As of a couple of days ago OG&E says it is not in their system yet. I think there is a program where you go through OG&E for insulation and other weatherizing upgrades that they complete based on if you qualify but I didn't go that route.

I did this at the end of June. I filled out the top half of the rebate form and my insulation company filled out the contractor side and sent me back the PDF. **I submitted the form to OG&E** through their website and received a rebate check in the mail less than 1 month later

Thanks for that. I was wondering how it was paid out whether directly or with a credit on your account.

Thread Information