Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Weather September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Bring on the State Fair and some rain.

Default Re: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Will somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the high supposed to be like 78 degrees today? I swear I checked the 7 day a day or so ago and it said that it would be a lot cooler. It is insanely muggy and rather hot outside. What happened to our cold front? Did it not come in?

Quote Originally Posted by C_M_25 View Post
    Will somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the high supposed to be like 78 degrees today? I swear I checked the 7 day a day or so ago and it said that it would be a lot cooler. It is insanely muggy and rather hot outside. What happened to our cold front? Did it not come in?
    No, it was 86 or so for the last week.

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Bring on the State Fair and some rain.
    Could we please for once have a nice cool day in the 70s for Senior Day.

Highly erratic storms with the last frontal system produced decent rainfall in some areas but many others saw very little.

Better rain chances for the Red River valley into Texas this week

Bust of a forecast if you ask me for this weekend so far. It's 90 out right now on Sunday. No rain at all west metro. Far cry from what I was seeing being reported around Tuesday Wednesday. Heavy rain temps low to mid 80's. OOPS

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Bust of a forecast if you ask me for this weekend so far. It's 90 out right now on Sunday. No rain at all west metro. Far cry from what I was seeing being reported around Tuesday Wednesday. Heavy rain temps low to mid 80's. OOPS
    They pick the most dramatic of all models and run with it every time.

It's the usual Fall is coming, then just kidding - more summer.

Absolutely glorious weather for late summer.

The mornings and evenings have been very pleasant with a nice light breeze.

GFS models are hinting at northwest flow bringing scattered storms to Oklahoma early Friday and again early Sunday. EURO not as optimistic. Otherwise highs in the 80’s and lows in the 60’s all week with noticeably lower humidity.

11. Default Re: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

Four of us spent a long day around Enid today Geocaching. Usually this time of year we'd usually be carrying towels for sweat and have an ice chest of water. Then be absolutely wiped out by mid afternoon. Today we didn't take water and I don't think I sweat a drop. It was glorious!!!!!

Great September weather continues into this weekend.

Looking ahead, there is very little storm systems expected across the US, so drought conditions will build. Luckily here in OK we will be just outside the heat dome, so hopefully things won't get too crispy for us. The heat and drought will really be taking hold into the Upper Mississippi Valley.

It does look like the long-range outlook builds higher temperatures (90s) back into the region toward the end of September.

It's in the 100+ in hollywood the second summer. When do we expect the first fall front in OKC? Mid October?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Great September weather continues into this weekend.

Looking ahead, there is very little storm systems expected across the US, so drought conditions will build. Luckily here in OK we will be just outside the heat dome, so hopefully things won't get too crispy for us. The heat and drought will really be taking hold into the Upper Mississippi Valley.

It does look like the long-range outlook builds higher temperatures (90s) back into the region toward the end of September.
    Driving around in the car today around 5:30 the outside air temp showed 93. And looking like 90s at the end of September. this is one of the thinks I really hate about living here.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Driving around in the car today around 5:30 the outside air temp showed 93. And looking like 90s at the end of September. this is one of the thinks I really hate about living here.
    93 at the end of the summer is great weather ..

This weekends temps look great. Its going to get chilly eventually. Climatology speaking, the average daily highs drop .3 to .4 degrees each day in the months of September and October.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    93 at the end of the summer is great weather ..
    It's funny how quickly everyone forgets just how hot summers can be here. If you are complaining about 90F in the summer in OKC, you are definitely living in the wrong place.

18. Default Re: September 2024 - General Weather Discussion

I notice mostly the overnight temps. They make a huge difference. Nothing is worse than August heat opening the door at midnight and getting blasted by hot air.

The front is making its way through Oklahoma - not expecting any rainfall except in maybe SE OK. After a really nice weekend the heat and humidity return next week. Models are currently conflicted on where a tropical system in the western Gulf will move after it develops. The GFS shows it moving east of Oklahoma while the EURO and CMC are showing a more westerly track - we'll see. Otherwise it will be dry for the next two weeks before a more active storm track develops for the second half of September.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It's funny how quickly everyone forgets just how hot summers can be here. If you are complaining about 90F in the summer in OKC, you are definitely living in the wrong place.
    No kidding. Especially if the humidity/dew point isn’t absurdly high. On a relatively dry day in the shade, 93 degrees is almost pleasant.

The weather has, this past week, been spectacular! Especially in the evenings!

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Someone upthread was saying 90s for the 2nd half of September. 2nd half of September is Fall. I for one would like to see some nice Fall weather. Highs in the 70s not 90s. Not having to mow the yard in October. Age has a lot to do with it also.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    Everyone is allowed to have an opinion. Someone upthread was saying 90s for the 2nd half of September. 2nd half of September is Fall. I for one would like to see some nice Fall weather. Highs in the 70s not 90s. Not having to mow the yard in October. Age has a lot to do with it also.
    to be clear only the last, just over, a 1/4 (8 days) of September is the fall

and average high below 80 doesn't start until September 27th .. (79.9)

Well thanks for clearing that up.... some people here.

There are a few things going on here, IMO. Meteorological summer starts on September 1st. Our average highs dip below 90F starting around September 4th, but we still have about ten days with highs in the 90’s in the average September. Furthermore, our recent Septembers have tended to be warmer than average, with the average high over the past thirty years being 85.4F, but the average over the past ten years being 86.5F. However, this year might break that trend.

Thread Information