Widgets Magazine
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35808182838485
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2110

Thread: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Blog Entries

Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

What is the actual sq ft proposed on the Legends tower? What is Devon’s?

2. Default Re: Boardwalk at Bricktown / Dream Hotel

Honestly, i'd be happy if we just had the three shorter buildings built. They're perfectly fine on their own and we dont really need Legends being all weird here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    What is the actual sq ft proposed on the Legends tower? What is Devon’s?
    County assessor shows 1.73 million sf for Devon Energy Center as a whole, and 1.42 million sf for the tower itself.

2.31 million sf is proposed for Legends Tower.

I still think the tower makes more sense west of BNSF. Fill in the actual core before spreading out. Actually the whole development makes sense adjacent to the new arena. Why not on the Paycom site if you ignore the proposed timeline of Boardwalk. Of course that is very simplistic given that the cost of land is a thing.......

Quote Originally Posted by CaptDave View Post
    I still think the tower makes more sense west of BNSF. Fill in the actual core before spreading out. Actually the whole development makes sense adjacent to the new arena. Why not on the Paycom site if you ignore the proposed timeline of Boardwalk. Of course that is very simplistic given that the cost of land is a thing.......
    I think expanding eastward is necessary due to the relatively little density that occurs there. The Innovation District and the OU Medical Tower is as much as we're getting east of I-235, but there are still areas that can be built up in Bricktown. Since this development kinda broke the mold of a height restriction, everything else in Bricktown has been pretty much been given a proverbial green light to shoot upward. Now that may imply that older buildings get upgraded, or that they may get torn down and rebuilt with the Bricktown aesthetic. But either way, it should be shooting upward as a result of this.

Plus I think there are a few places that could use some development other than being massive lots dedicated to parking, and even if there needs to be parking somewhere nearby, that can be built upward, not sprawled out. So my next candidate for a huge vertical development would have to be the Joe Carter Lot east of the ballpark. Then there's also the massive grass lot east of that which can hold two large scale developments, even a few highrise hotels on both Sheridan and Lincoln. Hopefully the landowners don't sell out to the plans of cheap commercial development.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    County assessor shows 1.73 million sf for Devon Energy Center as a whole, and 1.42 million sf for the tower itself.

2.31 million sf is proposed for Legends Tower.
    Thanks. So Legends is proposed as about 35% more than Devon, even though it is substantially more floors and taller.

Thanks. So Legends is proposed as about 35% more than Devon, even though it is substantially more floors and taller.

Since we are so very deserving of the Legends Tower, maybe they'll do it on the cheap if they FAA approves.

You are talking about just square footage and not the fact that the taller you build, costs increase substantially.

And also, again, that Devon is an office building vs. high-end condos and hotel rooms. And Devon paid cash for their entire project while Matteson is borrowing.

Maybe only be 35% more square footage but easily double the cost to build. So, if the Devon complex was built for around $1 billion in today's dollars, Legends Tower alone would be at least $2 billion alone plus three more 34-story towers, the podium, etc. The stated $1.6 billion budget isn't remotely feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    Plus I think there are a few places that could use some development other than being massive lots dedicated to parking, and even if there needs to be parking somewhere nearby, that can be built upward, not sprawled out. So my next candidate for a huge vertical development would have to be the Joe Carter Lot east of the ballpark. Then there's also the massive grass lot east of that which can hold two large scale developments, even a few highrise hotels on both Sheridan and Lincoln. Hopefully the landowners don't sell out to the plans of cheap commercial development.
    That parking lot might take some cues from the Santa Fe Square development in Tulsa.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You are talking about just square footage and not the fact that the taller you build, costs increase substantially.

And also, again, that Devon is an office building vs. high-end condos and hotel rooms. And Devon paid cash for their entire project while Matteson is borrowing.

Maybe only be 35% more square footage but easily double the cost to build. So, if the Devon complex was built for around $1 billion in today's dollars, Legends Tower alone would be at least $2 billion alone plus three more 34-story towers, the podium, etc. The stated $1.6 billion budget isn't remotely feasible.
    I understand and read your assumptions in your previous post. In my career I’ve worked with some of the largest developments in the world and do forensic engineering projects for asset valuation now. I don’t dispute the budget issues. i was just trying to accurately compare the mass of the two.

Thread Information