Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Karchmer Garage

1. Default Re: Karchmer Garage

There is a little known sorta tunnel under the Santa Fe garage that enters mid-block where the car exit is and exits behind the elevator tower in the plaza in front of the BancFirst building. A mid-block light protected crossing connecting to that would make for an easy walk to BF Tower offices.

Default Re: Karchmer Garage

I do believe an at grade crossing would work really well here, but I think this may be planned to be a full enclosure to double as weather protection as well. If I understand correctly, the issue isn't so much the crossing itself as the existing crosswalk at Robert S Kerr and Gaylord is just as close as this crossing would be to the garage itself (with the exception of not ending as close to BF tower as the central crossing). I think the bigger plan/desire is to have uninterrupted travel between garages while remaining out of the elements.

Is there a way to review the past sale agreements on Santa Fe or this surface lot? The info I had received mentioned this is occurring based on an agreement made during the sale, not sure if those will truly include this or even mention the type of connection to expect

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    There is a little known sorta tunnel under the Santa Fe garage that enters mid-block where the car exit is and exits behind the elevator tower in the plaza in front of the BancFirst building. A mid-block light protected crossing connecting to that would make for an easy walk to BF Tower offices.
    That’s the one I was referring to a few posts back. Only real downside with this is that you practically have to walk thru the exit lanes of the Santa Fe garage to get thru there. Not really best path or accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Wouldn't it be dramatically cheaper just to have a good crosswalk? There are two nearby, but a mid-block one could be put in that includes lights and such and is aligned with pedestrian crossings at the light.
    Any elevated crosswalk would be in the millions. A cross walk with some Pedestrian hybrid beacons would do much better. If we want a vibrant downtown than the people need to be on the street!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

AND you have to get approval from the railroad which is almost impossible and the reason why the Bricktown tunnel under the tracks was abandoned, even though we had federal money.
    is the Bricktown and Santa Fe tunnel completely dead? I thought it was just put on the back burner.

6. Default Re: Karchmer Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Let's just reflect, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Let's just reflect, shall we?
    Damn. Let’s not. ��

Crane is being setup today.

Looks to be complete this morning, nice seeing a crane close to the core skyline coming in today

10. Default Re: Karchmer Garage

pics
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Saw that big crane yesterday.

13. Default Re: Karchmer Garage

It just occurred to me how much this garage is going to screw up the view from the roof deck/former pool of the building to the North. We had an event there last December and it was really amazing. Shame that it will be degraded at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    It just occurred to me how much this garage is going to screw up the view from the roof deck/former pool of the building to the North. We had an event there last December and it was really amazing. Shame that it will be degraded at all.
    Yeah, but the new view on the top of the parking garage will be top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Yeah, but the new view on the top of the parking garage will be top notch.
    Seriously though, it'll be an elite spot to watch fireworks from

Thread Information