Widgets Magazine
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1044

Thread: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    The same or fewer seats in a larger volume of space usually means LESS noise inside. Which is bad and will need to be addressed in the design.
    Good point Swake:

Definitely will need to be addressed; should be able to easily meet the requirements 750,000 or more square feet for the concourse. More seats, 18,500 minimum (League average 18,900) and luxury suites and bunker suites with room for growth. The 650 parking spaces on site--should be able to exceed the parking.

Beautiful façade that becomes UNIQUELY OKC. Nice Terrazzo floors or whatever is the current trend for arena flooring.

All of this can be done with a $900 million budget; probably won't exceed cost overruns.

Our new arena should be competitive with Intuit Dome (LA), Fiserv Forum (MIL) and Chase Center (SF).

Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Good point Swake:

Definitely will need to be addressed; should be able to easily meet the requirements 750,000 or more square feet for the concourse. More seats, 18,500 minimum (League average 18,900) and luxury suites and bunker suites with room for growth. The 650 parking spaces on site--should be able to exceed the parking.

Beautiful façade that becomes uniquely OKC. Nice Terrazzo floors or whatever is the current trend for arena flooring.

All of this can be done with a $900 million budget; probably won't exceed cost overruns.

Our new arena should be competitive with Intuit Dome (LA), Fiserv Forum (MIL) and Chase Center (SF).

the budget is going to be 1.2 billion or more

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the budget is going to be 1.2 billion or more
    Now look you're cornballing--you need to go somewhere and sit down . . .

Total Project Budget: $900,000,000 Construction Budget: $750,000,000 (minimum)

$1.2 billion could be the actual cost should overruns exceed the current $900 million budget.

Now look you're cornballing--you need to go somewhere and sit down . . .

$1.2 billion could be the actual cost should overruns exceed the current $900 million budget.
    lol the passed vote .. and MOA with the thunder sets the arena budget at a MINIMUM of 900 million dollars

the tax will generate more then that plus the 50 mil from the team plus the maps 4 dollars ... and that doesn't include the TIF / land / demo costs ..

Blog Entries

MAPS4 Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol the passed vote .. and MOA with the thunder sets the arena budget at a MINIMUM of 900 million dollars

the tax will generate more then that plus the 50 mil from the team plus the maps 4 dollars ... and that doesn't include the TIF / land / demo costs ..
    Oklahoma City Council Approves Arena Development Plan In 7-2 Vote: https://www.news9.com/story/664c6908...20June%202028.

6. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

Now way will OKC install a 'halo' board at that price--sounded like a good idea; but for $100 million, leave that 'hot potato' on the burner.

Like CaaOKC's idea with the double screens:

would it work for basketball though? I too like, but I think a bball court would be too small. ..
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Now way will OKC install a 'halo' board at that price--sounded like a good idea; but for $100 million, leave that 'hot potato' on the burner.

OKC will have a best in class video board in the new arena ... what ever that looks like in 4 years ... even if it is a halo board for 100 mil

Totally different markets of course, but the arena plans were announced around the same time. Philadelphia might ditch those plans and move across the river to Jersey. https://www.roi-nj.com/2024/09/03/re...ampaign=buffer

Quote Originally Posted by caaokc View Post
    Totally different markets of course, but the arena plans were announced around the same time. Philadelphia might ditch those plans and move across the river to Jersey. https://www.roi-nj.com/2024/09/03/re...ampaign=buffer
    And different because the owner of the team would own the arena. Granted, the project in NJ would possibly get a large amount of tax credits ($400 million or so).

Quote Originally Posted by bison34 View Post
    And different because the owner of the team would own the arena. Granted, the project in NJ would possibly get a large amount of tax credits ($400 million or so).
    the total funding package from NJ would be 1.3 billion ...
    HBSE could be eligible to receive two Aspire tax credits worth up to $400 million each.
    the Governor’s Office is eager to work with the Legislature to enable the structuring of up to $500 million of special-purpose bonds

11. Default Re: New Arena (formerly Prairie Surf)

sounds familiar
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Plans have been filed to demolish the old Myriad/Cox Center/Prairie Surf Studios to make way for a new $1 billion arena.

[prbreak][/prbreak]

Last December, OKC voters approved a penny sales tax increase to fund the new home for the Thunder and other events.

Prairie Surf Studios had been leasing the property from the city but were notified they must vacate.

Demolition should start immediately after the new year; plans also call for the removal of the pedestrian skybridge that connects to the Wyndham Grand Hotel. The area to be razed is the entire block between Sheridan, Reno, Robinson, and EK Gaylord in the very heart of downtown.

The city is currently interviewing architectural applicants for the new arena and conceptual renderings will soon follow.

The target date for completion of the arena is June 2028. The fate of Paycom Center is unknown.

It's happening!

The city should reveal the architect in the next few weeks, as interviews took place in the early part of this month.

Can't wait to see some conceptual plans and how this entire property can open on all four sides instead of the current concrete monolith.

I wonder what's going to happen with Prairie surf Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    The main investor is also heavily involved in the Producers Coop development (the Stadium District) so there is a good chance it will move there.

Pete, when do you think the renderings will be available? This is exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    Pete, when do you think the renderings will be available? This is exciting!
    I keep hearing we'll see some conceptual plans around the first of the year.

The opportunity for the new arena to better integrate with the surrounding four sides of the block (especially to Sante Fe station to the east) is what sold me on voting for the new arena in the first place, so I am really hoping they do something good.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    The opportunity for the new arena to better integrate with the surrounding four sides of the block (especially to Sante Fe station to the east) is what sold me on voting for the new arena in the first place, so I am really hoping they do something good.
    No doubt. It's even worse on the western exposure facing the Myriad Gardens.

Did the plans mention method of demolition? I guess the building is not tall enough to justify an implosion?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Did the plans mention method of demolition? I guess the building is not tall enough to justify an implosion?
    No, no details were included.

Demo permits are typically very simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerman View Post
    Crossroads mall would be a good spot, or the current paycom center?

I wonder what will eventually take the old arenas spot. I'm sure it won't be a huge rush to tear it down, but that will be an extremely valuable location.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Crossroads mall would be a good spot, or the current paycom center?

I wonder what will eventually take the old arenas spot. I'm sure it won't be a huge rush to tear it down, but that will be an extremely valuable location.
    As Pete said upthread, the main supporter of PSM is involved in the Producer's COOP redevelopment, so it will probably go there.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    As Pete said upthread, the main supporter of PSM is involved in the Producer's COOP redevelopment, so it will probably go there.
    I dont understand how they make enough money to build a brand new facility

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    I dont understand how they make enough money to build a brand new facility
    They raise it from investors.

Thread Information