Widgets Magazine
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 232425262728

Thread: Strawberry Fields

1. Default Re: Strawberry Fields

The renderings are gorgeous and exactly what the area needs.

Default Re: Strawberry Fields

These renderings are definitely new and they are from a new architecture firm.

However, the legal problems are still on-going.

Sorry but..........OMG!!!! WOW!! I can get excited if I wanna!!

How much does it cost to produce renderings like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    These renderings are definitely new and they are from a new architecture firm.

However, the legal problems are still on-going.

I can't help but to wonder if that 23-story highrise also happens to be that one building that was leaked for announcement but quickly rescinded within a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by HFAA Alum View Post
    I can't help but to wonder if that 23-story highrise also happens to be that one building that was leaked for announcement but quickly rescinded within a few hours.
    I talked to both the architect and the Strawberry Fields attorney (very weird they just didn't reach out to me directly) and both parties said that was a non-commissioned conceptual plan the architects prepared in the hopes of landing the full project.

In other words, pretty much like everything else associated with Strawberry Fields: grandiose renderings and mood boards with no basis in reality.

The most frustrating thing about Strawberry Fields is that they're sitting on land made incredibly valuable from public taxpayer funds that built an amazing park. This is the perfect spot for a very ambitious project because the park offers such an incredible amenity to have across from your residence or business. But instead (and unfortunately similar to the Ford Dealership lot), it just seems like OKC will have their beautiful public park abutted by abandoned fields for years or decades.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    The most frustrating thing about Strawberry Fields is that they're sitting on land made incredibly valuable from public taxpayer funds that built an amazing park. This is the perfect spot for a very ambitious project because the park offers such an incredible amenity to have across from your residence or business. But instead (and unfortunately similar to the Ford Dealership lot), it just seems like OKC will have their beautiful public park abutted by abandoned fields for years or decades.
    AND the very best property (the old Goodwill site) was conveyed to them by the City, with a legally-binding timeline for submitting plans, starting work, and finishing, and they've blown through all those dates without any fine or, as far as I can determine, any action whatsoever.

Also, the City tried to give them millions in free money and they couldn't get their act together enough -- after the better part of a decade -- to be in a position to accept it.

Very nice! Reminds me of the Union Station neighborhood in Denver.

Well, this reminds me… I need to post my new house on Facebook. All my friends are gonna really be impressed. It’s going to be great living in that 5000 SF beauty. Here’s what it looks like… oh, yeah, well… yes… it’s a conceptual rendering from the architects. But isn’t it gorgeous? Have I hired builders? No. Have I got this thing financed? No again. I’ve only paid for the rendering. Still, I can’t wait!

The renderings are probably the 5th rendition of a visionary concept I have seen for this dying development. Reminds me of all the excitement around these https://web.archive.org/web/20220825...m/the-building released a couple years ago. Turned out to be nothing.

What's more likely? Anything happening at the U-Haul site within the next 5 years or anything happening with Strawberry Fields within the next five years?

Obviously, I don't have much hope of this turning into anything, but there is what I believe to be a new financing sign on the lot just south of Social Capital. I could have just never noticed it before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_Image.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	539.7 KB 
ID:	19103

What's more likely to be built as proposed: Strawberry Fields, American Heartland in Vinita or the Legends Tower?

^

Something will have to happen at Strawberry Fields eventually. The other two, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    Are these new renderings? Feel free to delete if already shared but just happened to glance at their website today. Still see no movement from them but.

https://www.strawberryfieldsok.com/
    I look forward to my great grandchildren enjoying this version of Strawberry Fields.

17. Default Re: Strawberry Fields

I think OKC needs about another 5 million residents (only a little exaggeration) to fill up all these new housing developments... Strawberry Fields, Wheeler, OAK, Legends Tower (with the 3 buildings), etc.

These developments can attract more people to live downtown, helping to curb urban sprawl and slow the spread of tract housing neighborhoods

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    I think OKC needs about another 5 million residents (only a little exaggeration) to fill up all these new housing developments... Strawberry Fields, Wheeler, OAK, Legends Tower (with the 3 buildings), etc.
    No.

Thread Information