Widgets Magazine
Page 103 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3539899100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 2612

Thread: Will Rogers World Airport

Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Flying out and noticed that there's jet bridge work going on at one of the American Airlines gates. Is the airport replacing all the jet bridges or just this one?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240724_163127192.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	19027

2. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I have noticed that the ones on this end are starting to look a little rusty/rough on the inside. Especially contrasting with the newer ones on the other end.

However, then you go to Ohare and they're using bridges that have more rust than metal and they're all "meh, its fine".

I would love to see a switch to all glass bridges, always love to see the ground crew at work while boarding.

4. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I would love to see a switch to all glass bridges, always love to see the ground crew at work while boarding.
    Every time I am overseas, I think about how nice the glass jetbridges are. So much less claustrophobic and it is fun to see the groundcrews doing their thing.

5. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Every time I am overseas, I think about how nice the glass jetbridges are. So much less claustrophobic and it is fun to see the groundcrews doing their thing.
    Munich airport comes to mind for me with the glass bridges

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    The new Kansas City airport terminal has glass jetways at all gates.

It looks like flights to Mexico, Central America, And the Caribbean will be coming to Will Rogers in 2025.

https://kfor.com/news/local/will-rog...s-in-2025/amp/

I wonder if we’ll ever get flights to somewhere in Asia at some point. Or perhaps seasonal flights to Spain, Italy, Or London.

This would certainly be a major "get" for the airport and the city, and very exciting!

But I do find it interesting that the KFOR story seems to regard these flights as a done deal just because the airport is building the capacity for them. But then it also reads that they are "recruiting" the flights. So what do we know about the real chances that these flights will happen? Surely some of the airline experts on this thread would have an idea. Are there actually airlines that have expressed an interest in adding these flights if the customs facilities became available?

Blog Entries

I40Meridian Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Good news. This will be great for my brother & myself for our next dive in Mexico in 2025.

That article was pretty thin.

And there's not a chance there's ever going to be a flight to Asia from OKC in any of our lifetimes.

Article is 5 months old.

12. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Hoping OKC can land some Mexico flights in the next 2-3 years, would be a nice development.

The only non "vacation" international destination I can see TUL or OKC getting in the next 15-20 years is potentially Canada (Calgary/Edmonton). Would need to be based on one of the large O&G companies. Other than that, I don't see either city having enough demand to pull something.

13. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Article is 5 months old.
    This. Nothing new here

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBenjals! View Post
    Hoping OKC can land some Mexico flights in the next 2-3 years, would be a nice development.

The only non "vacation" international destination I can see TUL or OKC getting in the next 15-20 years is potentially Canada (Calgary/Edmonton).
    OKC may now be able to justify flights to a non-vacation destination or two based on pure hispanic population.

15. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    OKC may now be able to justify flights to a non-vacation destination or two based on pure hispanic population.
    Once or twice a week to Mexico City wouldn't be out of the question in my opinion. would probably need some tax credits to make it work though

So will Allegiant come back with international flights? What is the reason they are pulling out of OKC? I thought their numbers were pretty good.. Who did they share gates with?

Viva Aerobus and/or Volaris could expand flights to Mexico from OKC. They have been expanding into the U.S.

Still can't get over how there was no news on Allegiant leaving. I mean they might of not of been that big at the airport but when you lose an airline it seems to me there be some news about it.

Maybe they’re not really leaving, They’re just taking a hiatus. I just booked first class(which really isn’t that nice on this aircraft whatever it is it is a smaller jet) Round-trip between LA and OKC for October. I don’t drink anymore, but it was nice to basically have unlimited alcohol. You also get a cheese tray or something else I don’t remember what it was. I only booked first because I had points to use and it was $100 extra. So I figured why not. The aircraft already seems pretty booked up from the seats that I saw that were available.

The demand looks strong. Every month someone post here about how there is growth. I don’t see why we wouldn’t be getting increased air service and new airlines in OKC.

And I’ll second other peoples opinions about the name change. World Airport is pretty unique I do kinda like it better than international. But I guess it makes sense to rebrand it as international as that’s the way most people around the world view airports.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Maybe they’re not really leaving, They’re just taking a hiatus. I just booked first class(which really isn’t that nice on this aircraft whatever it is it is a smaller jet) Round-trip between LA and OKC for October. I don’t drink anymore, but it was nice to basically have unlimited alcohol. You also get a cheese tray or something else I don’t remember what it was. I only booked first because I had points to use and it was $100 extra. So I figured why not. The aircraft already seems pretty booked up from the seats that I saw that were available.

The demand looks strong. Every month someone post here about how there is growth. I don’t see why we wouldn’t be getting increased air service and new airlines in OKC.

And I’ll second other peoples opinions about the name change. World Airport is pretty unique I do kinda like it better than international. But I guess it makes sense to rebrand it as international as that’s the way most people around the world view airports.
    There hasn't been a new service announced in a long, long time. Maybe slight upgrades in aircraft or an additional frequency or 2, but nothing new. I am glad growth has continued, but it has limits.

Hopefully with the new branding, OKC can get some new destinations or more upgrades in aircrafts.

22. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Still can't get over how there was no news on Allegiant leaving. I mean they might of not of been that big at the airport but when you lose an airline it seems to me there be some news about it.
    I think I said this in the other thread, but according to their email to me they are suspending the seasonal services. So there probably wouldn't be any news on that, even though it is odd. I would ASSUME they will be restarting again in either winter or early spring.

At one point, it was mentioned that a airport club could be coming to OKC. Has there been any movement on that or is it still a pipe dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    At one point, it was mentioned that a airport club could be coming to OKC. Has there been any movement on that or is it still a pipe dream?
    Many people may not remember, but Delta had a lounge, including alcohol, in OKC many years ago. It was never manned when I was there.,

25. Default Re: Will Rogers World Airport

I’ve never really understood the need for or appeal of a lounge in a non-hub airport. The circumstances of arrival and departure are so different from those of a hub, and they’re rarely crowded.

Thread Information