Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

My wife and I saw "Twisters" there last Friday. Excellent experience but the food was expensive given the serving size. I ordered the Cajun Chicken pasta. It was OK but I expected more for $15 (plus 18% required gratuity)

Quote Originally Posted by rte66man View Post
    My wife and I saw "Twisters" there last Friday. Excellent experience but the food was expensive given the serving size. I ordered the Cajun Chicken pasta. It was OK but I expected more for $15 (plus 18% required gratuity)
    I was a little sticker shocked too when we saw twister. My daughter ordered chicken caesar wrap and side of fries was $30 after tip. Will see movies there again but will stick with popcorn and drinks,

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I was a little sticker shocked too when we saw twister. My daughter ordered chicken caesar wrap and side of fries was $30 after tip. Will see movies there again but will stick with popcorn and drinks,
    Price gouging at these types of places for food and drinks seems like the new norm. There’s a movie theatre at The Grove called Pacific Theatres. Free refills on sodas. I couldn’t believe it.

Looks like they are moving dirt directly south of the Andretti development

Looks like Andrettis is using cast-in-place walls like the building immediately to the east did when it was built.

Also, in the upper photo, you can see a burn pit in the center right. All of the brush and trees that were removed are piled there and they are using the machine in the photo (sort of a flame thrower) to burn the pile. It has made parts of the Dolese building stink to high heaven due to the smoke. I'm surprised DEQ allowed this.

7. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

I definitely hope that the next Development for the Half is a COSM! They just opened one at the Grandscape in Dallas and there is one in LA. It meets all the criteria for the Half. Beer, Food, and Entertainment. It is a like a mini Vegas Sphere.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cosm3.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	613.8 KB 
ID:	19139 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cosm1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	19140 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cosm2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	529.3 KB 
ID:	19141

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    I definitely hope that the next Development for the Half is a COSM! They just opened one at the Grandscape in Dallas and there is one in LA. It meets all the criteria for the Half. Beer, Food, and Entertainment. It is a like a mini Vegas Sphere.

I hope you're right.

That's a pretty cool concept.

3rd location going to atlanta ...

Dang that is definitely going to be the next big thing. It looks like those people are at the game. How does it work in terms of the camera angle/feed? It doesn't look like that is a regular TV broadcast - so are they using their own media team on-site?

Movie theatre chains should look into doing this conversion since they already have the real estate/room setups. Obviously just need to do massive tech upgrades and get food/bev service on-par.

12. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

13. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Dang that is definitely going to be the next big thing. It looks like those people are at the game. How does it work in terms of the camera angle/feed? It doesn't look like that is a regular TV broadcast - so are they using their own media team on-site?

Movie theatre chains should look into doing this conversion since they already have the real estate/room setups. Obviously just need to do massive tech upgrades and get food/bev service on-par.
    In an interview it is said that they choose which games and events they are going to be at and they film it themselves with their own technology. That is why they are able to do live feeds.

^

Such a great idea.

It's a good way to bridge the gap between people increasingly staying home since they have great home theater setups (and because almost every sporting event is now televised) and the massive costs for attending sporting events in person.

In an interview it is said that they choose which games and events they are going to be at and they film it themselves with their own technology. That is why they are able to do live feeds.
    I have to believe any venue, and content owner (NFL etc...) controls quality video within. I don't think COSM is going to do their own thing at the Super Bowl, for instance, and just be the next cool thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Such a great idea.

It's a good way to bridge the gap between people increasingly staying home since they have great home theater setups (and because almost every sporting event is now televised) and the massive costs for attending sporting events in person.
    the only thing is the COSM cost as much or more then being at the game ... (in lots of cases)

17. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I have to believe any venue, and content owner (NFL etc...) controls quality video within. I don't think COSM is going to do their own thing at the Super Bowl, for instance, and just be the next cool thing.
    To be clear, the owner said they have their own crew that goes to these games. I am sure there is a contract with any sports organization that they have to follow guidelines.

18. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the only thing is the COSM cost as much or more then being at the game ... (in lots of cases)
    How did you come to this conclusion? Have you been to COSM? What sporting event pricing are you basing this off of?

Video I watched said ticket price was in the $30 ballpark, which is cheaper than my last Thunder or OU tickets, and significantly cheaper than the Dallas Cowboys tickets I was pricing this weekend.

I could see nosebleed seats at the OU or Thunder game maybe being in the ballpark, but those aren't something I'd ever personally considering. I feel like this is marketed for those that typically sit in the lower 2 sections of a stadium/arena and wanting a cheaper alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Video I watched said ticket price was in the $30 ballpark, which is cheaper than my last Thunder or OU tickets, and significantly cheaper than the Dallas Cowboys tickets I was pricing this weekend.

I could see nosebleed seats at the OU or Thunder game maybe being in the ballpark, but those aren't something I'd ever personally considering. I feel like this is marketed for those that typically sit in the lower 2 sections of a stadium/arena and wanting a cheaper alternative.
    https://www.cosm.com/dallas/events/n...-13/experience

going into the "hall" is 22 bucks for the arizona vs ksu game next weekend .. that is standing room only in the "dome"

seats in the dome run from 264 for a 8 person booth (lower level close up ) 429 for a 6 person booth middle (level 2) .. 110 for an upper 2 person booth ..

and that is for a non marquee event ..

texas am florida is 616 for that same 8 person booth .... 1012 for 8 person on level 2 ..

ou tennessee is 297 for 3 person upper level seats ...

ucf on Nov 16th is 495 for a 2 person table ..

1495 for a 6 person booth ....

https://www.cosm.com/dallas/events/u..._11_16/tickets

21. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

going into the "hall" is 22 bucks for the arizona vs ksu game next weekend .. that is standing room only in the "dome"

seats in the dome run from 264 for a 8 person booth (lower level close up ) 429 for a 6 person booth middle (level 2) .. 110 for an upper 2 person booth ..

texas am florida is 616 for that same 8 person booth .... 1012 for 8 person on level 2 ..

The "Marquee" should be more expensive, especially if there are a ton of people in Dallas who want to see an A&M game, but can't go because it is in Florida. Demand will be higher, therefore so will the price. Same price for just a ticket at a similar level is about $179 each. The table of 8 would have about the price of $130 each. You aren't paying for parking, you aren't paying for a flight and Hotel room in Florida, and I guarantee the food and beverage prices will be lower. It is more about convenience than price. A lot of these games are at Season ticket style events. You can't even get tickets to some of these games. Also, they have so many different angles of the game than you would for one seat.

Name:	Florida Tickets.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	19145

Are the prices you are quoting per person or for the whole booth/table? I mean if those are individually prices you are right that's ridiculous and I personally would never pay more. But if that's for the whole table, it still appears to me to be a cheaper alternative. The only exception would be your last 2 examples from my quick math:

264/8 = $33 429/6 = $71.50 110/2 = $55

616/8 = $77 1012/8 = $126.50

297/3 = $99

495/2 = $247.50

1495/6 = $249.17

23. Default Re: The Half (9000 Broadway)

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Are the prices you are quoting per person or for the whole booth/table?
    Only IF that was all inclusive! I might pay $264 per person if that also included all I can eat and drink. Seriously doubt it is, though.

Its an interesting concept so hopefully the prices come down. Also, your also paying for bragging rights and atmosphere when you go to events in person. If I'm paying too much for a video screen, I would want the traditional television views and commentary.

Do they keep the same view throughout the same event? What if I want to pretend to be someone who can afford lower level seats?

Quote Originally Posted by bamarsha View Post
    Only IF that was all inclusive! I might pay $264 per person if that also included all I can eat and drink. Seriously doubt it is, though.
    food and drink

https://www.opentable.com/r/cosm-dallas-the-colony

Thread Information