Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atwoods

Default Re: Atwoods

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Interesting location, for Memorial and Bryant, as most other retail in this area is a mile north along Blvd/33rd/Broadway.

For reference, this is in Oklahoma City, just south of Edmond proper city limits. Ever since the Blockbuster and grocery store went out, this shopping center has been mostly vacant. Area around it is primarily residential, and Oklahoma Christian University.

Wonder if Atwoods would be a contender for the soon to be vacant Dick's Sporting Goods at Penn/Memorial?
    How big is the Dick's Sporting Goods on Memorial and Penn? Because I believe you're average Atwoods store is 63,000 square feet.

These are the plans for 33rd & Bryant in Edmond:

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    These are the plans for 33rd & Bryant in Edmond:

I always thought Edmond could use an Atwoods because of the north side of the Metro don't really have an Atwoods, I knew Norman has had one for years and they recently opened stores in Yukon and Mustang.

I like Atwoods. One nice thing is if you are buying several big bags of the lawn and garden material they stack outside they send one of their young men who look like they go to the gym everyday out to load it for you in your truck.

Quote Originally Posted by gjl View Post
    I like Atwoods. One nice thing is if you are buying several big bags of the lawn and garden material they stack outside they send one of their young men who look like they go to the gym everyday out to load it for you in your truck.
    Atwood's is awesome, It's one of my favorite stores.

I didn't realize this old Eagle Crest shopping center was completely empty.

7. Default Re: Atwoods

Yes. PPOK moved out last year to Britton Road

As I wrote above, I worked there a long time ago. But it's been 25 years at least since I've even driven by there, as my parents moved from Edmond to Quail Creek after I left for college. I can't believe they never built anything between the shopping center and the bank to the east. Such a strange layout on that parcel with that vacant land in the middle all this time.

Really, what a depressingly boring intersection all the way around LOL.

Thread Information