Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carl's Jr

Default Re: Carl's Jr

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Before they started closing, I had consistently excellent food from them. The Star with cheese is a much better example of that style burger than Burger King's Whopper. I was surprised to discover that Dairy Queen's burger is also that style and the two times I ate there, they were excellent. Carl's Jr. also has an excellent grilled chicken sandwich in the Santa Fe.

Speaking of breakfast, Whataburger's breakfast burger is my go-to. I LOVE breakfast burritos and taquitos, but I'll choose that breakfast burger every single time!
    I love the breakfast burger from Whataburger. My body has aged to where it is more filling than I want recently, so I have gone back to the Sausage BoB. Whataburger is the best breakfast menu, IMO.

After reading the comments early today, I Got the guys Carl's Jr. this morning, 39th & Portland. Old building, but still good breakfast and good employees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think they did for over 15 years. IIRC the merger of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. was executed in the 1990s. It was a smart move by any measure. Hardee's was an eastern US based company that was moving westward at a slowing pace, and Carl's Jr. was a California based company that had the same issue moving east. Carl's Jr. had a well-regarded burger menu, and Hardee's had a strong breakfast menu.

Most of the Carl's Jr. around OKC were built as Hardees in the mid-1980s, when they came strong onto the market. Like Grandy's, they are 40 year old buildings that are really showing their age. Appears the local franchisee (or corporate) philosophy is to let the existing properties wind down as a way to right size their market presence.

Remember, Carl's Jr. was big in the mid-2000s, with Paris Hilton and other hot girls in bikini's doing their ads.
    The dividing line between the two is the Arkansas-Oklahoma franchise zones. Sallisaw still brands HARDEES as the franchisee is Ft. Smith based.

I miss the cinnamon raisin biscuits. Those things were delicious!

Also, I need to know what other breakfast items (aside from the burger) people get from Whataburger, because both times I've tried it, it has flat sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    The dividing line between the two is the Arkansas-Oklahoma franchise zones. Sallisaw still brands HARDEES as the franchisee is Ft. Smith based.
    I didn't know HARDEES was Ft. Smith based. Coming from Ft. Smith to Tulsa like 10yrs ago, I was so confused about how Carl's Junior was using the Hardees star until I found out they were the same thing.

Looks like they have a Hardee's in McPhearson, KS too. And Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana area. I honestly didn't know Hardees went that far westward.

Assuming Google Maps is accurate - it looks like if you draw a line from about Ft. Smith to Spokane, everything east/north of that line is Hardees and West/south of the line is Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    I didn't know HARDEES was Ft. Smith based. Coming from Ft. Smith to Tulsa like 10yrs ago, I was so confused about how Carl's Junior was using the Hardees star until I found out they were the same thing.

Looks like they have a Hardee's in McPhearson, KS too. And Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana area. I honestly didn't know Hardees went that far westward.

Assuming Google Maps is accurate - it looks like if you draw a line from about Ft. Smith to Spokane, everything east/north of that line is Hardees and West/south of the line is Carl's Jr.
    they are not .... that franchisee that owns the sallisaw locations is ft smith based ..

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    I miss the cinnamon raisin biscuits. Those things were delicious!

Also, I need to know what other breakfast items (aside from the burger) people get from Whataburger, because both times I've tried it, it has flat sucked.
    This is all I ever went to Carls Jr. for. I don't understand why they got rid of them after so many years.

Thread Information