Widgets Magazine

Thread: Paris Baguette

Large Chain Paris Baguette

Paris Baguette has filed plans to open at 2620 W. Memorial, just east of May.

They had previously announced they were planning to open multiple locations in the OKC area.

Default Re: Paris Baguette

Not familiar with them but menu looks great. Apparently they have over 150 locations across the US.

https://parisbaguette.com/menu/

We went to the one in Edmond on 15th and weren't impressed enough to return. We love Banh Mi sandwiches and maybe we're just used to the ones we can get down at Quoc Bao.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    We went to the one in Edmond on 15th and weren't impressed enough to return. We love Banh Mi sandwiches and maybe we're just used to the ones we can get down at Quoc Bao.
    That's Paris Bahn Mi, a completely different business.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's Paris Bahn Mi, a completely different business.
    Goodness it sure is. I didn't catch that. Thanks.

Looks like my kind of place. Any idea on opening date?

I have a feeling this isn't the best location for this concept, and the current location of Tous Les Jours isn't ideal either. These concepts would be better suited for Penn Square, OAK, or Chisholm, places that are a bit more "flashy" and "trendy".

We spoke to the owner of the Paris Baguette in Wichita and he said that he is opening two locations in the metro, both of which will be built from the ground up. He said another person is also opening two locations and she is going to renovate existing buildings. He clearly had disdain for that idea and strongly prefers purpose-built stores. He said one in Edmond (don't know if the Memorial location counts as "Edmond" in his mind) and he said a recently closed bank in Moore would be another location. If he's correct, then the one at Moore and on Memorial would be the other person, rather than him.

He is also building two more locations in Wichita.

I prefer Paris Baguette over 85 degrees. I've only seen the H-Mart versions of Tous de Jour, so I don't know what their full-size stores look like.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We spoke to the owner of the Paris Baguette in Wichita and he said that he is opening two locations in the metro, both of which will be built from the ground up. He said another person is also opening two locations and she is going to renovate existing buildings. He clearly had disdain for that idea and strongly prefers purpose-built stores. He said one in Edmond (don't know if the Memorial location counts as "Edmond" in his mind) and he said a recently closed bank in Moore would be another location. If he's correct, then the one at Moore and on Memorial would be the other person, rather than him.

He is also building two more locations in Wichita.

I prefer Paris Baguette over 85 degrees. I've only seen the H-Mart versions of Tous de Jour, so I don't know what their full-size stores look like.
    We recently had a rep from an airline pay a visit to our office. She brought a box of baked goods from 85 degrees as a gift. She should have saved her money. None of it was good and one of them was just disgusting and inedible.

Quote Originally Posted by unfundedrick View Post
    We recently had a rep from an airline pay a visit to our office. She brought a box of baked goods from 85 degrees as a gift. She should have saved her money. None of it was good and one of them was just disgusting and inedible.
    These bakeries trend toward Asian levels of sweetness and Asian style breads and pastries, so they aren't like typical donut shops, although some of their offerings get pretty close. For me, the biggest attraction is the variety of breads/pastries, especially the more savory ones that have meat, cheese or some kind of sauce included.

They are kind of like Trader Joes, you have to go a few times to get a broader sense of the offerings.

Nothing screams "Paris" like getting a to-go iced coffee in a strip mall off a suburban turnpike!

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    These bakeries trend toward Asian levels of sweetness and Asian style breads and pastries, so they aren't like typical donut shops, although some of their offerings get pretty close. For me, the biggest attraction is the variety of breads/pastries, especially the more savory ones that have meat, cheese or some kind of sauce included.

They are kind of like Trader Joes, you have to go a few times to get a broader sense of the offerings.
    Possibly, but when I take a bite of something and immediately want to spit it out, I'm reluctant to continue. There were a variety of offerings in the box and nobody in our office expressed anything good about them. Since they aren't local I won't be trying them again anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Not familiar with them but menu looks great. Apparently they have over 150 locations across the US.

https://parisbaguette.com/menu/
    This place is awesome! Every time I go to Atlanta, I swing by. I am kinda surprised KCMO doesn't have one, but Wichita does.

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    This place is awesome! Every time I go to Atlanta, I swing by. I am kinda surprised KCMO doesn't have one, but Wichita does.
    It's all about where they get franchisees.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    I really like Paris Bahn Mi, but I like more traditional baguettes. Although I am not as much a fan of Lee's since I think their baguettes are too crunchy..... I like the fillings at Quoc Bao pretty well though!
    The Crab Rangoon at Paris Bahn Mi are phenomenal though. Every time we go, we will get an order.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fortpatches View Post
    There is one in NYC 1/2 block away from where I stay and I frequent it often. Good selection. Fresh. Fairly priced. Nice place to go have a cup of coffee and some pastry early morning or late evening. I am just sad the one opening here is so far from where I live. Would like one in the 63rd and Western area. One at the Oaks would be good, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Nothing screams "Paris" like getting a to-go iced coffee in a strip mall off a suburban turnpike!
    Paris, Texas.

As mentioned earlier paris baguette is like other asian bakeries like 85 degrees, tous les jours, etc. This one I actually like though.

Thread Information