Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Buc-ee's

Default Re: Buc-ee's

Can someone post a map with the possible IKEA location? I can't make heads or tails of the description and I'm looking at Google Maps.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Wow...okay. That's plausible.

I always figured the likes of IKEA would end up close to Memorial Road and Kilpatrick. There is a huge lot behind the Target at Penn and Memorial facing the turnpike, or it would work itself somewhere near Cabela's in the Chisholm Creek development. The north side would be easier access for those from Tulsa and Wichita.
    Yeah I was thinking memorial as well if IKEA wherever to come to OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Can someone post a map with the possible IKEA location? I can't make heads or tails of the description and I'm looking at Google Maps.
    I believe it would be in this journal area if it does happen. Again, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Db8q3qDdQxtp...s.preview.copy

Here are some images that I took a screenshot from the Access Oklahoma Page to better picture it.

This is the proposed interchange at I-35, Our very first Texas style five stack interchange. That excites me more than anything.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0192.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	19064

Here is the overall east west connector corridor:

Name:	IMG_0193.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	19065

What you see in yellow is currently in the design phase. The blue is listed as future so they have not yet begun design work. From what I understand will hear more about a timeline for the east to West connector and it’s construction in October.

There is a lot going to happen in this area in terms of freeway infrastructure. Regardless of what the Oklahoman says, Or what press release ODOT puts out, They were very much be a push to widen. I 35 soon in southern Oklahoma City. I don’t know whether that will come in the form of general purpose lanes, Or perhaps an HOV lane. They are also going to rework the roads and make them one way Moore up to Norman, They are studying reconfiguring the Flood Ave. interchange to move the left exit to the right so it flys over I-35, And add ramps to connect the Rock Creek Road and SW 34th ST. bridges to add access to I-35 from these roads.

A lot of these projects are under a single study, but will likely be constructed individually and in phases. Any additional lanes to I 35 won’t come anytime soon. That is a big selling point that ODOT and the OTA Want to use to claim that there is no more additional room to add lanes so they can get the Kickapoo turnpike fully built from a southern extension and in the future possibly around Northeast Edmond. Some of these things are going to happen near future and others are pretty far out.

But lots of exciting stuff as planned in this area. Also remember, the commuter rail is another piece of infrastructure planned for this corridor.

If IKEA is coming to the metro area, it would make perfect sense for it to go there next to the new east-west connector.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Wow...okay. That's plausible.

I always figured the likes of IKEA would end up close to Memorial Road and Kilpatrick. There is a huge lot behind the Target at Penn and Memorial facing the turnpike, or it would work itself somewhere near Cabela's in the Chisholm Creek development. The north side would be easier access for those from Tulsa and Wichita.
    IKEA would probably want to be closer to I-35. But who knows, with all the new turnpikes going within the next 10 years, toll roads will become more the norm like it is in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Here are some images that I took a screenshot from the Access Oklahoma Page to better picture it.

This is the proposed interchange at I-35, Our very first Texas style five stack interchange. That excites me more than anything.

What you see in yellow is currently in the design phase. The blue is listed as future so they have not yet begun design work. From what I understand will hear more about a timeline for the east to West connector and it’s construction in October.

There is a lot going to happen in this area in terms of freeway infrastructure. Regardless of what the Oklahoman says, Or what press release ODOT puts out, They were very much be a push to widen. I 35 soon in southern Oklahoma City. I don’t know whether that will come in the form of general purpose lanes, Or perhaps an HOV lane. They are also going to rework the roads and make them one way Moore up to Norman, They are studying reconfiguring the Flood Ave. interchange to move the left exit to the right so it flys over I-35, And add ramps to connect the Rock Creek Road and SW 34th ST. bridges to add access to I-35 from these roads.

A lot of these projects are under a single study, but will likely be constructed individually and in phases. Any additional lanes to I 35 won’t come anytime soon. That is a big selling point that ODOT and the OTA Want to use to claim that there is no more additional room to add lanes so they can get the Kickapoo turnpike fully built from a southern extension and in the future possibly around Northeast Edmond. Some of these things are going to happen near future and others are pretty far out.

But lots of exciting stuff as planned in this area. Also remember, the commuter rail is another piece of infrastructure planned for this corridor.
    Thanks! Makes sense why I couldn't place the location on a current map!

^^ welcome and sorry for the horrible quality of those images. here’s a direct link to the webpage for the east west connector that has an interactive map that can better give you the idea of the alignment: https://www.accessoklahoma.com/east-west-connector

They are studying reconfiguring the Flood Ave. interchange to move the left exit to the right so it flies over I-35, And add ramps to connect the Rock Creek Road and SW 34th ST. bridges to add access to I-35 from these roads.
    Never understood why they didn't fix that when they rebuilt that stretch a few years ago. That NB 'S' bend always causes a backup. The SB is no better with no one willing to drive in the far right lane.

Is this from conversation or is it documented somewhere you can share?

Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    Is this from conversation or is it documented somewhere you can share?
    Yes I will share some links here in a bit. I gotta drive down to San Clemente and get set up. If I don’t do it today, I’ll do it tomorrow. But has identified to study with I-35 South of OKC with Norman and Moore included.

Where can i Find these Studies

For This

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    If we get a Buc-ees and IKEA Oklahoma would finally be in the big leagues.
    Saving this post for future reference.

I remember the same thing being said on okctalk about Dave and Busters.

17. Default Re: Buc-ee's

And PF Changs, and Cheesecake Factory, and Capital Grille, and Omni, and Container Store, and REI...and...and...

LOL. I assumed FighttheGoodFight wrote this as a tongue-in-cheek joke. After all nothing says "big leagues" like an oversized gas station whose facilities are currently found in small towns in Alabama, Kentucky etc.

I might be the only one here that didn't know this, but the old Buc-ee's didn't used to be nearly as big as the newer ones. Here is the first one in Lake Jackson, TX...

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-05 155458.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	19072

Not sure when they decided to go mega Wal-Mart meets QT on Roids, but it's interesting to see where it started.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I might be the only one here that didn't know this, but the old Buc-ee's didn't used to be nearly as big as the newer ones. Here is the first one in Lake Jackson, TX...

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-05 155458.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	19072

Not sure when they decided to go mega Wal-Mart meets QT on Roids, but it's interesting to see where it started.
    Pretty sure this was mentioned somewhere in this thread. I'm just guessing here but I think it's only been about 10 years that they've been building big.

It worked out well for them. Oncue is popular and its the biggest non-truck stop in OKC.

Signs are up saying land for Sale December at the corner of I-40 and Council. South of I-40. Anyone know how big of land is for sale? That intersection is a mess though

Thread Information