Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Default Re: Twisters (2024 Movie)

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    The storyline really wasn't unique, and no twists.
    No twists?

I'd ask for my money back. The name of the movie is twisters...plural. And for it to have none? Unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
    When they drove by the YNB, weren't they supposed to be in a different city? I can't remember, but I do know the friend with me at the theatre nudged me and said, that's Yukon, but they said they were in _________" and I can't remember where they were supposed to be. El Reno, maybe?

I told her nobody was going to notice or care except Okies I didn't even notice it.
    They were supposed to be in Stillwater

Thought the movie wasn’t great. Too much breaking of immersion. Sometimes the tornadoes had strong winds sometimes they didn’t. Whatever fit the plot best. It was dumb and I didn’t want to see it but I was dragged to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    She was going home to Sapulpa. But Yukon was on the way, so she drove right on through. She was by herself and had taken Havi's truck.
    She was in Stillwater when she took his truck. So apparently she drove from Stillwater to Yukon to get to Supulpa. Plus they said Supulpa was a few hours away from Stillwater and the lie detector proved that was a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just look at all those horrible Star Wars movies (after the first 3) that still grossed incredible amounts. Or the 2nd and 3rd Back to the Future movies, or Raiders of the Lost Ark...
    Indiana Jones slander not related to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Watch your mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

There is absolutely no way to predict that when the funds are committed, which is the whole point.

Even if the sequel stinks, the 75% rule still pretty much applies. So, you budget accordingly and if that percentage is surpassed, you're golden. Almost no chance it will fall under that 75% mark.

Just look at all those horrible Star Wars movies (after the first 3) that still grossed incredible amounts. Or the 2nd and 3rd Back to the Future movies, or Raiders of the Lost Ark...
    Yeah, people complain about the crap that comes out of Hollywood but they keep paying to see it. It's similar to the people who complain about the Kardashians but still watch their stuff/buy their products. Stop making stupid people famous. I'm doing my part by not watching that dreck. Why isn't everyone else doing their part?

I didn't think Killers of the Flower Moon was a particularly good film but I appreciate the effort. I appreciate them trying to do something different (although it's sourced from a book) not based on IP or super heroes or a sequel.

Thread Information