Widgets Magazine
Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 853545556575859 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1461

Thread: Restaurant closings

Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    so, i moved out of my office... i used to put the cups of the places we'd eat for lunch in the window. here are some of the places that don't exist anymore:
    Attachment 19048

out of those, i think i miss the burgers at irma's the most.
    +1 for irmas

oh, the Brenda's Fries at Irmas was awesome. I dearly miss that place.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    oh, the Brenda's Fries at Irmas was awesome. I dearly miss that place.
    Yeah, agreed, I don't think we've found a burger place yet that we like as much as we did Irma's.

4. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Sideline Bar & Grill - Plaza District.

5. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    This doesn't surprise me. They lasted longer than I expected. Only went once and it was all very 'meh'. Service, vibes, and food were not great. Food wasn't terrible, but not worth going back to.

I saw this outcome even before they opened. The OKC dining scene is much better now, and mundane restaurants won't last long. It's not just about the food, but also the service, the vibe, the social media—everything.

7. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Rendezvous Pizza announced on their FB page that they are closing the Quail Springs location, effective today.

Rendezvous Pizza announced on their FB page that they are closing the Quail Springs location, effective today.
    I'm not surprised by this. We went a couple of times and the only reason we returned after the first visit was their happy hour.

9. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    I'm not surprised by this. We went a couple of times and the only reason we returned after the first visit was their happy hour.
    I ate there with my kids a couple dozen times. The food was always good, especially the Detroit-style pizza and their wings, but the service usually left something to be desired. The tables were never cleaned very quickly and it seemed to be poorly managed. I will miss their Happy Hour, definitely.

10. Default Re: Restaurant closings

$30 pizza is a tough sell in this type of economy. Especially if it is a glorified casserole.

We went there last week, and I noticed that it wasn't very busy AND the service was not very good

I first tried them due to the incredibly glowing reviews this forum gave it after they opened, and honestly, they were probably a little too glowing, since my expectations were sky-high and the pizza ended up being...fine.

13. Default Re: Restaurant closings

I’m concerned about Barrios. I went there on Saturday night and the place was 1/3rd full during prime hours. I noticed this about three weeks ago too, but chalked it up to a fluke because some big event was happening downtown—can’t remember what.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    I’m concerned about Barrios. I went there on Saturday night and the place was 1/3rd full during prime hours. I noticed this about three weeks ago too, but chalked it up to a fluke because some big event was happening downtown—can’t remember what.
    They are still doing big brunch business.

Their bricktown location is on our family rotation. We really enjoy and it has been consistent every time.
    Hopefully it is just the quail springs location.

Rendezvous is a part of a big restaurant group (Bricktown Brewery, Henry Hudson's, Pepperoni Grill) and they don't know how to promote themselves at all.

I don't understand these groups with ample resources and they do so little or badly. Everyone should pay attention to how the Social Order (Jones, Fuzzy's, Spark) market themselves.

17. Default Re: Restaurant closings

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Similar with us. Pizza is good. Wings are good. Especially the peanut butter/jalapeño jelly wings. Sounds odd but really good. But if not for happy hour we'd have only gone once. Service was terrible. Some of the worst we've ever had. And we're not really picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Robertson View Post
    Similar with us. Pizza is good. Wings are good. Especially the peanut butter/jalapeño jelly wings. Sounds odd but really good. But if not for happy hour we'd have only gone once. Service was terrible. Some of the worst we've ever had. And we're not really picky.
    Well, my big take from this closing is that I missed a good happy hour !! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Rendezvous is a part of a big restaurant group (Bricktown Brewery, Henry Hudson's, Pepperoni Grill) and they don't know how to promote themselves at all.

I don't understand these groups with ample resources and they do so little or badly. Everyone should pay attention to how the Social Order (Jones, Fuzzy's, Spark) market themselves.
    By sheer coincidence (or maybe not), two of those places (Bricktown, Pepperoni) are on my gf's "never going back" list due to the poor experiences we had at each.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Does Social Order also own/operate the Fuzzy's Taco Shops in other states or just in Oklahoma?

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Does Social Order also own/operate the Fuzzy's Taco Shops in other states or just in Oklahoma?
    I believe just Oklahoma. Same with them and Dave's here, as well.

in "not dead yet" news, old time diner put up their sign today in westminster plaza shopping center at sw 104th & western. it's in the storefront farthest south along western.

Blog Entries

This is in Tulsa, but still a blow to the whole state if they remain closed.

The oldest and last of the Lebanese steakhouses in Tulsa, Jamil's, is closing this weekend. The Elias family says they are only moving but with no new location announced it seems very possible an era may be ending. Jamil's opened in 1945 in Tulsa and I think it was a cousin later opened the OKC location in the 60s or 70s.

If Jamil's is lost it will be a huge blow to Tulsa's and Oklahoma's old steakhouses, especially after losing Freddie's in 2022 (also a Lebanese steakhouse) and Molly's Landing last year to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    This is in Tulsa, but still a blow to the whole state if they remain closed.

The oldest and last of the Lebanese steakhouses in Tulsa, Jamil's, is closing this weekend. The Elias family says they are only moving but with no new location announced it seems very possible an era may be ending. Jamil's opened in 1945 in Tulsa and I think it was a cousin later opened the OKC location in the 60s or 70s.

If Jamil's is lost it will be a huge blow to Tulsa's and Oklahoma's old steakhouses, especially after losing Freddie's in 2022 (also a Lebanese steakhouse) and Molly's Landing last year to fire.
    I believe they are reopening elsewhere in Tulsa.

Is Jamil’s still operating in OKC? I think they were either brothers or cousins with the family that runs the one in Tulsa. Also with connections to Albert G’s BBQ in Tulsa

Thread Information