Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Stacks

Default Re: The Stacks

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Cava - bleh. Don't know if any of you have ever eaten there, but it's a lot of fancy with not as much substance, especially for the price. Honestly, i found that your neighborhood "need a tetanus shot" Gyro shop, to be a lot better and be cheaper.

Regardless, well it's an interesting idea for the area that they don't have much of. I'm sure it will work well with the way the whole area has been growing.
    Have you ever tried out Shwarma & Co? Prices are reasonable and the food is consistently better than other Mediterranean restaurants in the metro. It is locally owned and operated by two brothers , the restaurant is just north of the Cava by Penn/Memorial. I highly suggest checking them out.

https://www.shawarmaandcompany.com/

2. Default Re: The Stacks

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Have you ever tried out Shwarma & Co? Prices are reasonable and the food is consistently better than other Mediterranean restaurants in the metro. It is locally owned and operated by two brothers , the restaurant is just north of the Cava by Penn/Memorial. I highly suggest checking them out.

https://www.shawarmaandcompany.com/
    I was just informed about how good this place is yesterday!! Crazy. Means I really need to go soon! Thanks for the suggestion.

I can second the Shawarma & Co recommendation. If I lived closer it would be a regular spot for me. Even living in the Paseo, I still make more of an effort to go there than pretty much any other restaurant in the Quail Springs area.

Shawarma Co. Is great I eat there every time I’m in OKC at least once a week.

HangryHippo Guest

I also can’t recommend Shawarma highly enough. The food is great and the brothers are extremely nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    They are moving at light speed on this one. Great to see. Now up to 7 signed tenants.
    Do you have the names of the tenants by any chance? I know about Cava, Pickleman's, and Surf Bar, but I haven't been able to find any others.

There are at least 4 other tenants signed but don’t know who they are.

Dave's Hot Chicken taking space in this development:

Love that place!!

CAVA is now open at this location.

How is Dave's versus Nashbird? I like to support local businesses over national chains, but if it is really good I will certainly give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    How is Dave's versus Nashbird? I like to support local businesses over national chains, but if it is really good I will certainly give it a shot.
    I personally think Dave's is much better than Nashbird but I started eating there when they opened their first restaurant on Western and their quality has gone down a little bit but they're still fire. I am not a fan of the chicken sandwich at Nashbird's in Edmond. Taste was off and was way too crispy and not enough meat. Second time that's happened. The people who work there are really cool though,

The local Dave's is owned by the Social Order group (Jones, Fuzzy's, etc.).

The whole local vs. non-local thing is very convoluted. There is no way to know the actual ownership of any of these restaurants; most have a front-man or woman as operator but you never know the ownership structure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The local Dave's is owned by the Social Order group (Jones, Fuzzy's, etc.).

The whole local vs. non-local thing is very convoluted. There is no way to know the actual ownership of any of these restaurants; most have a front-man or woman as operator but you never know the ownership structure.
    But you still gotta have the same ingredients and quality control I'd think. You're just using their likeness. The Dave's out in Oklahoma are comparable to the ones in California IMO. I can't say the same about In-N-Out. The In-N-Out's in Dallas and Denver taste like crap compared to the ones on the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    But you still gotta have the same ingredients and quality control I'd think. You're just using their likeness. The Dave's out in Oklahoma are comparable to the ones in California IMO. I can't say the same about In-N-Out. The In-N-Out's in Dallas and Denver taste like crap compared to the ones on the west coast.
    yeah, the INO's in Vegas are so money after a big night out on the strip. But the Dallas locations might as well be Braum's imo.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    yeah, the INO's in Vegas are so money after a big night out on the strip. But the Dallas locations might as well be Braum's imo.
    I’ve never understood it. it must be from where they source their meat from but even the fries taste better at the West Coast locations. I haven’t been to the new one in Nashville so I don’t know how that one is.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I have only been to the Dallas location, first time at an In-and-Out was this year. I thought it was good but not great. What makes the West Coast locations better?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I have only been to the Dallas location, first time at an In-and-Out was this year. I thought it was good but not great. What makes the West Coast locations better?
    Perhaps the sourced vegetables are more fresh out in the western locations since they come from fields within hours of them? I've had burgers from both California and Texas locations and personally can't tell a difference but I understand everyone's tastebuds are different.

Pretty sure it is the high alcohol content.

I’m not sure. Just the quality of the burgers and the taste of the food seems to be better. I’ve been to the Dallas location about six times and I’ve never really enjoyed it. I’ve been to the one in Aurora, Colorado Once and I didn’t like it either. But I generally eat in and out once or twice a week. And I live right next to the one in Hollywood so it’s around the corner from me. But even the ones in Vegas, Phoenix, Kingman, etc. Are all good. It’s possible I just went on a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    Pretty sure it is the high alcohol content.
    Haha. I’m four weeks sober now. So if that continues, I’ll have to reevaluate my stance. I was pretty lit when I went to the location in Colorado. I think I was fairly sober when I went to the ones in Dallas. They’ve opened up a few new ones in Dallas so I can’t remember which one I went to but it was the same one. I went to four times I believe it was off of the north Dallas tollway.

Bobba Tea is taking a space in the middle of this development.

Nothing... I've tried a few in California, Phoenix, and Irving, and they're all the same and not that great. Their biggest selling point would be clean stores and consistency. I've had many better burgers at various local or regional chains.

I saw a sign for an acai bowl place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_1452994995376695.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	304.1 KB 
ID:	19098

There’s several signs up there for what’s coming. Looking forward to Surf Bar!!

Thread Information