Widgets Magazine

Thread: Daily mail OKC hit piece on front page

Midtown Daily mail OKC hit piece on front page

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...francisco.html

Interesting hit piece, all the pictures of the homelessness are from other cities. Thoughts?

OKC Talker Guest

Default Re: Daily mail OKC hit piece on front page

How can someone who's supposed to be a "government affairs director" be so misinformed... definitely a bad look for OKCMAR!

Gary Jones, Oklahoma City Metro Association of Realtors government affairs director, told DailyMail.com that its current trajectory is comparable to the start of the homeless epidemics that have devastated cities including San Francisco, New York and Washington D.C.

'If you talk to Oklahomans who've been here for a while, they will tell you that you can visibly see a difference,' he added.

The realtor said that 'folks panhandling at major intersections and in front of major retailers' was now a common sight, while homeless encampments had 'sprouted across the city' almost overnight.

Anecdotally, growing desperation has led to a rise in some property crime, with a number of break-ins to vacant buildings as people try to find shelter, Jones said.

The Daily Mail is a tabloid, and one of the worst of the worst.

Lol

"Any publicity is good publicity."
    P.T. Barnum

"There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”
    Oscar Wilde

"There’s no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary."
    Brendan Behan

I'm not sure about that, though some really believe this sentiment is true. I've heard business leaders say it gives you an opportunity to tell your side of the story and present facts you may not have otherwise had an opportunity to tell. And, in the case of this Daily Mail story, look at those pix of OKC! How many articles anywhere show the world three beautiful skyline shots of our city? How many will read this, see those photos, and think, "That's Oklahoma City"?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blue Sky View Post
    [B] ln the case of this Daily Mail story, look at those pix of OKC! How many articles anywhere show the world three beautiful skyline shots of our city? How many will read this, see those photos, and think, "That's Oklahoma City"?!?!
    This was exactly my thought as l read the article. I was thinking to myself that none of the pics of homeless were from OKC, they were other cities.

no surprise coming from the daily fail

Sad that OKC has to be caught in the crossfire of politics. Daily Mail is only attacking because we have certain politicians that have to give an opinion about everything on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    This was exactly my thought as l read the article. I was thinking to myself that none of the pics of homeless were from OKC, they were other cities.
    Not entirely true, the lady in the 8th picture (seated on curb) is currently camped out inside Leadership Square on the second floor- literally saw her 10 minutes ago.
    Believe her "permanent" residence is in the park outside of the Echo building.

This is a tabloid publication. Not a broadsheet it’s important to recognize. Not knowing the difference between tabloid talk shows and legitimate Cronkite style reporting proliferates misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    This is a tabloid publication. Not a broadsheet it’s important to recognize. Not knowing the difference between tabloid talk shows and legitimate Cronkite style reporting proliferates misinformation.
    Right, might as well be a Facebook or x post from your uncle or aunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    legitimate Cronkite style reporting
    Doesn't exist anymore.

Thread Information