Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Chuy's

Default Re: Chuy's

Ate here Friday evening at around 5:45pm. The wait was 45 minutes. Following this project on OKCTalk, I thought the plans for this seemed small in size. It was even more noticeable in person, especially compared to the Norman location. I feel like retail and restaurants underestimate OKC sometimes. Other than that, the food and service were good. I can't get enough of the Jalapeno Ranch dip.

We went today at about 11:30. 20 minute wait. Drinks were good, food is OK but no better than a dozen other TexMex places in OKC. Iguana Grill still beats it by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    welp... that's the end of Chuy's being good

And of their prices being decent.

Sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    Wait…. Chuy’s was good?

Chuy was never good, I went to Chuy's twice and each time I was disappointed so I never went back

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Technically speaking the company that owns Olive Garden bought Chuys. It runs some of its other companies better than Olive Garden.

Darden, based in Orlando, Florida, operates over 1,900 restaurants and has 190,000 employees. It also owns Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Eddie V’s and Bahama Breeze.

ruth's chris and capital grille seem to run just fine under the darden umbrella .. ?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Darden, based in Orlando, Florida, operates over 1,900 restaurants and has 190,000 employees. It also owns Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Cheddar’s Scratch Kitchen, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Eddie V’s and Bahama Breeze.

ruth's chris and capital grille seem to run just fine under the darden umbrella .. ?
    that's fair. i was certainly making a generalized statement

11. Default Re: Chuy's

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post

As with most chain restaurants, the individual locations are only as good as the management team. I've eaten at several Cheddar's and haven't been disappointed yet.

Chuy's was so much better before it became a chain.

I believe it's always been a chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I believe it's always been a chain?
    Per their website it appears they started as a single restaurant.

Chuy’s opened on April 16, 1982 in an old, aban*doned Texas Barbeque joint on iconic Barton Springs Road in Austin, TX. There was seating for about sixty, a women’s restroom the size of a broom closet and a men’s restroom that was, well, outside. Founders Mike Young and John Zapp had a vision of a fun and funky Tex-Mex restau*rant that served authen*tic and fresh food in an atmos*phere that appealed to everyone. From these humble begin*nings Chuy’s was born.

15. Default Re: Chuy's

I would think almost all chains start out as a single restaurant.

16. Default Re: Chuy's

Ate at the original with my cousin back in the early ‘90s…he said at the time that old-school Austinites who’d moved away for whatever reason would commonly make Chuy’s their first stop after leaving the airport or otherwise arriving in town. First place I ever drank a Shiner, BTW, on that visit. Shiner was ALSO better before they grew too big.

Nm

Thread Information