Widgets Magazine
Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 3580818283848586878889 LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2203

Thread: University Town Center

Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    You seem to be taking the position that as soon as the city council votes yes this deal is executed, which is unlikely. WIthout seeing the deal/documents, I cant say.
    that is a solid point ... . will be interesting to see how this goes

2. Default Re: University Town Center

Did they ever clear up who is the actual owner of the stadium?

Lawsuit filed by 2 former mayors to throw out the scheduled non binding vote ...

https://www.normanok.gov/information...nment-district

According to the documents, the Norman City Charter requires that all special elections be called by ordinances and, in the June 11 meeting, the City Council called the special election by resolution, did not call the special election on a certain date and failed to follow the procedures of passing an ordinance.
    when/if this gets thrown out ( and that seems likely) the non binding vote likely will not come back .. as it only passed 5-4 and 2 of the yes votes are no longer on the council (replaced by 2 pro arena votes)

looking more and more like (the TIF and arena project) this could be approved this summer ..

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Lawsuit filed by 2 former mayors to throw out the scheduled non binding vote ...

when/if this gets thrown out ( and that seems likely) the non binding vote likely will not come back .. as it only passed 5-4 and 2 of the yes votes are no longer on the council (replaced by 2 pro arena votes)

looking more and more like (the TIF and arena project) this could be approved this summer ..
    Alright, who’s down to split BG918’s tickets? LOL, jk

How much does it cost for Norman to have a vote that means absolutely nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    How much does it cost for Norman to have a vote that means absolutely nothing?
    if there was already something for the city on that election date, not much.. if there wasn't, the cost of the ballots, which isn't insignificant.

and boom

there will be NO vote

https://x.com/KOCOKolby/status/1811478631828627894

https://www.normantranscript.com/new...e99c8d4a7.html
    Nash: Council won't consider TIF until 'close enough to final form'

A day after a district judge ruled the City of Norman cannot hold an advisory vote on a controversial arena project Aug. 27, a councilmember said the City Council will not consider the project any time soon.

{Ward 5 CM} Nash said the parties have not finalized important terms, including “what is built and when,” and “how much” the project would ultimately cost.

Assistant City Attorney Rick Knighton said yesterday that the parties have not agreed on who will own the arena either

“Until [those terms are] resolved, the TIF will not progress to Council,” Nash said on Facebook. “Depending on the extent of modifications that may be made, it may have to go backwards in the process to go back before committees. Ultimately, the project is in a holding pattern until these negotiations are complete.”

And BOOM. While the article only mentions one council member, the inference is there is a consensus.

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    https://www.normantranscript.com/new...e99c8d4a7.html
    Nash: Council won't consider TIF until 'close enough to final form'

A day after a district judge ruled the City of Norman cannot hold an advisory vote on a controversial arena project Aug. 27, a councilmember said the City Council will not consider the project any time soon.

{Ward 5 CM} Nash said the parties have not finalized important terms, including “what is built and when,” and “how much” the project would ultimately cost.

Assistant City Attorney Rick Knighton said yesterday that the parties have not agreed on who will own the arena either

“Until [those terms are] resolved, the TIF will not progress to Council,” Nash said on Facebook. “Depending on the extent of modifications that may be made, it may have to go backwards in the process to go back before committees. Ultimately, the project is in a holding pattern until these negotiations are complete.”

And BOOM. While the article only mentions one council member, the inference is there is a consensus.
    keep in mind that Nash was 1 of the yes votes to schedule the non binding election .. his vote is not required to pass the TIF (or expected) so i would take ANYTHING he says on the matter with a grain of salt ..

How could he be possibly be wrong on the “what is built and when”, “how much”, and “who will own the arena” questions? Those seem like pretty fundamental issues that Norman should need answers on before making plans to hand vast quantities of taxpayer dollars over to a bunch of developers.

^

Those questions aren't even addressed when OKC approves a TIF.

It's just a big pot of money and who gets it is decided behind closed doors (apart from the inevitable rubber stamp of City Council).

We didn't even know the location or anything specific about the $1 billion arena vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

It's just a big pot of money and who gets it is decided behind closed doors (apart from the inevitable rubber stamp of City Council).

We didn't even know the location or anything specific about the $1 billion arena vote.
    Oh yeah, that's right. What was I thinking.

^

So when funding for the Ford Center was approved it was not determined who would own the facility?

15. Default Re: University Town Center

The Ford Center (now Paycom) was not funded by TIF. The private sector was not involved in the funding or ownership in any way; it was 100% funded by taxpayers and owned by the City via the MAPS tax/projects.

^

exactly this...

17. Default Re: University Town Center

Yes. For the first time I believe they are going to approve this TIF in the next few months. The rest will be hashed out behind closed doors with some coming out when they get closer to a final deal. I am guessing it will be owned and run by the OU Foundation with Norman having some sort of "first dibs" on events outside the sporting events. I'd guess by August the TIF is approved and they move forward on the stadium piece pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    So when funding for the Ford Center was approved it was not determined who would own the facility?
    Ford Center was MAPS, not TIF.

19. Default Re: University Town Center

Speaking of University Town Center, the rumor going around is Two Frogs Grill is interested in the old Logan's spot. Would be a good location to expand to I would guess

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Yes. For the first time I believe they are going to approve this TIF in the next few months. The rest will be hashed out behind closed doors with some coming out when they get closer to a final deal. I am guessing it will be owned and run by the OU Foundation with Norman having some sort of "first dibs" on events outside the sporting events. I'd guess by August the TIF is approved and they move forward on the stadium piece pretty quickly.
    I agree except i think it will be owned by the city of Norman and the OU foundation will have a long term operational lease .. (30 years or so) for like 1 dollar a year ..

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Speaking of University Town Center, the rumor going around is Two Frogs Grill is interested in the old Logan's spot. Would be a good location to expand to I would guess
    Oh that would be wild, a Two Frogs I don't have to drive all the way to Ardmore to visit. If this was a democracy I would be voting yes.

Blog Entries

I agree except i think it will be owned by the city of Norman and the OU foundation will have a long term operational lease .. (30 years or so) for like 1 dollar a year ..
    Does the UofO own the ground? Was’nt the whole area owned by OU?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Does the UofO own the ground? Was’nt the whole area owned by OU?
    OU foundation owns the land ..

Havent Norman officials said publicly they arent interested in owning it?

25. Default Re: University Town Center

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Havent Norman officials said publicly they arent interested in owning it?
    Yes. The mayor wanted it in a public trust where the city just deals with roads/traffic.

Thread Information