Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Best Burgers in OKC

1. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    New State when it opened felt like a poor impersonation of Au Cheval. You are saying it is worth another shot?
    I was just in Chicago and tried this spot out. I wasn't able to make it to the original bar spot, but they had a Small Cheval in Wrigleyville, and we stopped in to have lunch after the Cubs won. You are right that it is probably the inspiration for New State. However, it actually wasn't as good as New State to me. Clearly, I should have gone to the spot where they probably had more time to perfect the burger. The bun was smashed, and the fries lacked flavor. The toppings and meat were great, and I was not disappointed. I think New State is doing something that Cheval can no longer do. Take their time and make a great burger. Cheval is far too busy with hundreds of people in the building simultaneously. You will lose a little quality when trying to satisfy that many people.

2. Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

I tried New State a couple of weeks ago and it's definitely going into my rotation when I'm in town.

I had the open face burger and swapped out the fries for tots. I enjoyed everything about it and thought everything was really well seasoned.... Made a rookie mistake of not adding a fried egg to this burger... I won't make that mistake next time.

Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    lol ok .... i see that they now charge for premium toppings ... ALL toppings used to be free (same as 5 guys ) >... ... regular and "spicy" fries .. (hmm like 5 guys) ..

also because it was very much "inspired" by 5 guys .... that is not a secret ..

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Oklahoma.html
    This is old, but yeah Five Guys and Fat Guys are not remotely similar in style of burger, burger offerings, type of restaurant or really anything. If it was inspired by five guys, I’m not sure what they took from it. It would be like saying that The Garage was inspired by Five guys because they both sell burgers.

Default Re: Best Burgers in OKC

The best burger spots I loved are now closed. Bricktown Burgers, and Abrahams Western Cafe

Thread Information