Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
You can't convince me that paying a player $30M a year, to come off the bench and score 7pts and grab 6 boards is a good for business.
Fortunately you're not the one that anyone had to convince. A few pages back, weren't you one of the people dying to bring back Steven Adams or chastising Presti for bringing in Hayward instead of other bigs that fit far worse than iHart will?

There's no guarantee that he'll be coming off the bench and even if he does, he's likely to be playing as many minutes as some of the starters or close to it.

If the money had to be spent and the guy is an elite level role player who fills the need (everyone else's words, not mine), who cares if he starts? If he'd been on the team last season, we might've made the finals. Like probably everyone else, if the exact prototype of player we need (big stretch 4-5 that can rebound and shoot threes) was available in free agency, I would've preferred that move over this one but there was no one like that available this summer.

We got the second best player type for filling a massive need (who was one of the most coveted bigs in free agency this year) without having to trade a valuable player or even a single draft pick and it's on a flexible, team friendly contract. The only people complaining about this are people who don't know what they're talking about or just want to complain.